bose sounddock - iLounge Forums
Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: bose sounddock

Closed Thread Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 02-28-2005, 01:24 PM

Freshman Lounger

bose sounddock

hello everyone, i am very nearly going to upgrade my iPod to an iPod Photo 30GB, question is, the apple store says that its not compatible with my bose sound dock.

i personally would persume that they only say this cos bose dont supply an iPod Photo tray (it comes with 5 trays u see, depending on which iPod u have (and hence the thinkness) u put it in then put ur iPod snug into it), see as its a dock connector, and im sure i read somewhere else, and now that theyre slimmer, basically...

does the iPod Photo work in the BOSE sounddock?

thanks a lot
Old 02-28-2005, 01:47 PM

Veteran Lounger

http://forums.ipodlounge.com/showthr...threadid=80004
Don't cross post.

Bose = Buy Other Sound Equipment

Don't believe me?
www.head-fi.org <--ask them
http://www.intellexual.net/bose.html <--- Read that
Old 02-28-2005, 01:52 PM

Freshman Lounger

#####. BOSE is the nuts, u clearly know nothing about sound and probably use ur iPod to listen to dance music
Old 02-28-2005, 02:44 PM

Veteran Lounger

Quote:
Originally posted by greg nash
#####. BOSE is the nuts, u clearly know nothing about sound and probably use ur iPod to listen to dance music
Ahhh really?

I will gladly go into a discussion on how the price of Bose products is clearly not equal to what you get from them.

But so you should know before you get into it with me:

My current setup:
Etymotic Er-4p with Cmoy Amp using iPod as the source with no eq.

Test tracks:
Vivaldi - Concerto in A minor
Joanna Newsom - Bridges and ballons
Iron & Wine - Jezebel
Postal Service - Such Great Heights
Dntel - (This Is) The Dream of Evan and Chan

Now to launch the first volley.

I have a/b and done all day tests with those tracks and average listening from the iPod. One day with my Bose QuietComfort 1, My Friends Triports, and My Sennheiser HD212 Pros, this weekend i have been running the Etys versus these Bose.

Heres what I found:
Bose QC1 had excellent white noise muting, and okay isolation but = to my Sennheiser HD 212 pro.
Triports also were okay in isolation, but again sound reproduction was equal to my Senns.
Senns have alright sound reproduction but i can't complain as you get what you pay for.

Overall the Senns, The Quiet Comforts (albeit, the white noise muting was cool, but not an essential feature) and The Triports came in around the same area, nothing too exciting about each one.

Want to know the price (at time of purchase)?
Bose QC1: 300$
Bose Triports: 150$
Sennheiser HD 212 Pro: 49$

Thats sad. A headphone 3x the price of the Sennheisers could not at least 2x the isolation and/or quality of sound. Especially in the area of sound reproduction.

I will never, ever ever buy another Bose product so long as they use these deceptive market tactics.

I would take a look at those links, Especially the intellexual's one. Its really sad that the public thinks its paying for "hi-fi" sound when its getting something much much less (for the price.)

Now it maybe fine for other people (which i have nothing against the sound). But the fact that Bose overcharges so much for no noticeable difference in sound.

edit - Ah yes, the etys versus the Bose.

Conclusion:
Ety blows them out of the water. End of Story, anything you can say, the Etys are much better at it. Add in the Amp and thats when the Etys really open up and WHAM.

BTW: Take a look at my title

2nd edit -

To answer your question: I'm pretty sure its compatible, but not 100%. I'm thinking all the Bose sound dock and those other iPod speakers are just: Dock's lineout -> Speakers.

Perhaps you have a friend with a an older dock you can try it on? If it works then I would do it. Usually Apple store folks are accomadating. so ask them if you can test it.

Last edited by enjoilax; 02-28-2005 at 02:51 PM.
Old 02-28-2005, 02:52 PM

Freshman Lounger

i cant be arsed to read that mate
Old 02-28-2005, 05:53 PM

Veteran Lounger

Quote:
i cant be arsed to read that mate
Then you're wrong and i'm right. HA HA.

Me: 2
Bose loving Chavs: 0

Short version: My 50$ Sennheiser cans are = to a pair of 300$ Bose Quiet Comforts.
Old 03-01-2005, 09:10 AM

Freshman Lounger

in short: your My 50c Sennheiser cans look ####, my BOSE dock looks the ####
Old 03-01-2005, 09:11 AM

Freshman Lounger

and by the way, it does support iPod Photo. if u got the bose dock from bose, just ring up and they'll ship out a 60GB tray to u, and the new 30GB fits and old one.
Old 03-02-2005, 03:01 AM

Veteran Lounger

Quote:
in short: your My 50c Sennheiser cans look ####, my BOSE dock looks the ####
You're a royal idiot.
[img=http://www.pccasegear.com/images/212s.jpg][/img]

That does not look like crap at all. Even if they did, I would also love for you to prove to me that how a pair of headphones look like affect how they sound. Moron, its pointless to even continue this conversation with you, you're just like one of those crazy fanatics that no matter what i say you'll disagree with. Chav.
Old 03-02-2005, 07:28 AM

Freshman Lounger

chav haha, i couldnt be further from it
Old 03-02-2005, 01:55 PM

Closing thread before it gets out of control...

Click the image to open in full size.
3G 20GB iPod | Contour Showcase | Shure E5 | Ety ER-4P

Topic: bose sounddock

Closed Thread Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.