Earbud headphones suck! especially Apple's! Get radio shack titanium headphones!

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

bum4evr

I cant stand earbud headphones. they make my ears itchy and sound like crap. I tried the earbuds that came with my ipod mini and they were crap.

So I bought a pair of titanium headphones at radio shack, normally $39.95 but they are only $19.95 when on sale, and they rock! the base sounds real. Normally I am not a big fan of radio shack, but i think they did these headphones right.

rx7_fan

Acoustics Enthusiast
Website
rx7.com
Please don't over generalize earphones. Not ALL earphones suck, and i'm sure there are better earphones out there then Radio Shack's. Before you start bad mouthing something, at least give us some details why you think they suck. There are some audio 'experts' in the forum that can make some excellent suggestoins.

imaury

Apple earbuds earphones do suck. I had a pair sent to where I was vacationing and the day they came I sent them back. No bass!! I am new to the ipodlounge and I'll look in the forum for advise, but what would be a good earphone?

Freud

Thre is actually a bit of truth to what the original poster said about the Titanium Rs headphones.

Once upon a time...Radio Shack sold the Pro-35 headphones...these were Koss KTX Pro rebadged phones.

Now having owned (still owned) tons of phones, some with decent reputations, including the classic Sony V6, the Grado Sr-60's, the E2c's....Koss Porta Pro's.......I can honestly say that the Pro-35's are the most amazing phones I have ever listen to. The bass extension is phenomenal...unmatched by any phone I have ever listen to. Absolutely clean midrange....zero siblance...complete lack of shrillness in the highs. Amazing.

I loved them so much...that when Radio Shack closed them out...I bout 6 boxes of them. I use them to this day...and will continue into the near future. Do a search on Google...you will find tons of raves about these cans.

Now...UNFORTUNATELY Radio Shack replaced them with the
Pro 35A. Yikes....nothing like the 35's. I find these to be shrill without the bass extension. The Koss Porta Pro's also lack the old 35's dynamic range and bass depth.

Sooooo the 35's will be in use until all my pairs fall apart. Since I never leave the house with them I figure I should have them for the rest of my life. I will now and then listen to the Grado's...but I find I miss the bass of the 35's.

Morale of the story...if you find cans you like...but two pairs :)