buzz from ipod in car

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

animalchin

for xmas i got the belkin auto kit, a pioneer 4600 hu, and the belkin cup cradle. it all works really nice but i get a buzz from the ipod. i have it connected into the aux in the back, but i didnt do it the guys at bestbuy did. (dads idea). ive heard of this happpening when the hd starts up but that doesnt seem to be the case. on what volume do you all have the belkin car charger output turned up too?(the car charger that connects to the cigarette lighter and then has a line out from there) thanks for any input

animalchin

bump, any ideas? now it seems like it depends on the song cause my bob marley doesnt do it but most other songs do.

TheBum

One possibility is a ground loop. I'd suggest disconnecting 12V power to see if it clears up (a pretty conclusive test), but if memory serves me, the Belkin has a built-in preamp that makes using it without 12V power impossible. Can you try it connected to the headphone jack?

animalchin

it seems like the problem is when i turn up my head unit real loud. its not getting a loud enough sound or somethign from the belkin. when i switch from it to my cd its a lot louder on my cd so mabe i should have my belkin on louder. but when i do that it buzzes no matter what lol.

GavinD

I bet it's the ground loop - what kind of car do you have?