Travelling gear - speakers & charger ?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

richard

I'm going on vacation and want to play my ipod in a rental car and hotel room so that my wife and I can listen. I figure the best way is to get some small speakers and probably a car charger. I don't know if the car will have a aux in, or even if it will have a cassette deck.

Please recommend some small cheap speakers and a car charger.

Kenal0

Last edited:

baggss

Stoopid Ameican Rednek
richard said:
I'm going on vacation and want to play my ipod in a rental car and hotel room so that my wife and I can listen. I figure the best way is to get some small speakers and probably a car charger. I don't know if the car will have a aux in, or even if it will have a cassette deck.

Please recommend some small cheap speakers and a car charger.
You can specify a car with a cassett deck at the time of reservation or rental.

Last edited:

richard

Any point of comparison for the Sony t77 sound? For example, does it sound better or worse than the ipod earbuds?

How long do the batteries last?

iped

hi ya'll
"The stars at night are big and bright..."
Website
www.egdrilldesigns.com
Travel Pod

For travel, I've used the car charger for the road along with an irock FM transmitter. The irock seemed to work well in really rual areas, but had some static in the city (I'm hoping that the itrip will be better). For the hotel room, I've used the outlet-firewire charger from apple and the JBL sonnet for my speakers. This works well for me and for my purposes - but the main woofer unit is a bit much (about the size of a small pair of boots).

Still looking for a new car stereo that has a direct "aux" line for my ipod...any suggestions?

ed

iamaustin

Website
www.austina.net
I have had 2 recievers which i could recommend for you that have aux input ports. One is my kenwood 911dvd player ($3200 +-) with a 7" screen and a complete equalizer that you can adjust.

Before i got that one i had a kenwood 4019 (like 350 i think) and i bought a 20 dollar adapter that adapts the aux port into rca jacks. You can still use a kenwood cd changer too.

-Austin

Jackonicko

Retired
richard said:
Any point of comparison for the Sony t77 sound? For example, does it sound better or worse than the ipod earbuds?

How long do the batteries last?
Well they're speakers, not earbuds, so there is no comparison. They're 2 watts per channel, so they're not blisteringly loud, but the fidelity is good, and bass is adequate but not thumping. Four AA batteries give about 12 hours of playing, but you could take NiCads and a recharger - I have one which plugs into a car cigarette lighter socket.

revmike

Website
www.
I have the sony srs t55's. They work well for me, but I do like the look of the creative one though, but not for that price.

Last edited:

RNclie

revmike said:
I have the sony srs t55's. They work well for me, but I do like the look of the creative one though, but not for that price.
How do the t55's sound without batteries Revmike? Thats not a bad price for a small set of travel speakers.

Jackonicko

Retired
I have both the T70 and the T55 while a good friend has the T77.

The T70 is the European market equivalent to the T77, with half the wattage and a pale silver finish rather than a titanium finish. The T70 sounds significantly better than the T55, and folds up more neatly (larger but much thinner) and seems much better built.

The T77 is better again.

bob keenan

Sony T-77's or Creative I 300

Anybody have any idea of what the new Creative I300's sound like or when they will be available. If anybody does know then what do you think will be the difference between them and the Sony T-77's

punterab

I just purchased the Creative Travelsound speakers, And I am impressed with the sound quality. I took a chance and bought them without listening to any. I was also looking at the Sony T 77s, never heard those either. But I am happy with the creatives. Not wall thumping bass or anything but pretty good for what they are designed for. They sound really good with the Ipod's Line out jack.

bob keenan

T - 77 Speakers

Shortly after I posted my original I bought the T-77's. Depending on the genre of music they can be very good. Classic guitar, Jazz, Latin all were pretty good given the size of the speakers. Any Rock of course suffers from the lack of big speakers. I also have two other portables. Sony Z-500 and Z-750. I compared all three..... Bigger speakers make a big difference. Those larger speakers do a really decent for all my music.

BUT they require a power source and are bigger. So when I go to the beach or sailing or a quick overnight business trip it is so easy to bring the T-77 and now I have music with out being "wired-up" with head phones.

I would still like to hear a comparison between the T-77 and the speakers you got.

thenightfly42

Also consider the Tivoli PAL radio; you can listen to them at Tweeter stores, and probably elsewhere. Gives you one gorgeous speaker (mono), AM/FM, and an aux-in jack.

Wilder_K_Wight

Old-School Lounger
The Creative TravelSound speakers are a great choice. I rely on mine when I'm alone at work and don't want to block my hearing with earphones. The TravelSound are compact, sound very warm for a portable set, and run a long time on AAA batteries.

I recommend them highly.