Sony xplod connection

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

apricotsnixon

I have a Sony CDX-MP40. It has RCA Bus input on rear.

Tried hooking up IPOD with RCA cable but source button does not bring up an aux input option (tried mode button on cd as well).

Is there any way to play the IPOD through the RCA input without the cost of purchasing an XA-300?

I wondered if a Sny Bus in connector to the control port would liven up the aux input?

Thanks

ChrisB

I looked into this when trying to hook my iPod up to a Sony CD head unit, and sadly the only real alternative is an XA-300.

I don't know where you live, but I saved a lot by shopping around online in the UK. I ended up getting one for about 80GBP - still a huge Sony ripoff, but cheaper than changing my head unit :).

There is an opensource project to replicate the instruction set for the Sony bus, but it involves building you own electronics module complete with microprocessor, which was a bit beyond me I have to be honest.....

Cheers,

Chris

jilla82

next time dont buy sony. Their car audio line's are not that good

pioneer or alpine is the way to go

ChrisB

jilla82 said:
next time dont buy sony.
I didn't..... it came fitted with the car. My car is a convertible, so to be honest it would be a bit of a waste to fit anything really expensive, as its a poor listening environment anyway ;)

Their car audio line's are not that good
pioneer or alpine is the way to go [/B]
Well its maybe not the best, but compared to most of the standard fit car audio from other manufacturers, I'd rate it as one of the better offerings out there - YMMV.

Unless you are spending serious amounts of cash a Sony head unit is fine. Upgrading from standard fit speakers is probably about the best money anyone can spend before looking at the head unit IMHO.

Sony are rip off merchants when it comes to accessories though :rolleyes: , and the custom bus they use is a fine example!

Cheers,

Chris