iPAL issues, please confirm

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

BacMan

Website
www.bacman.net
I just purchased an iPAL and I noticed that there is background static while the iPAL is on, either in FM/AM or while using the auxiliary input with my iPod. It's not noticable during medium volume levels, but on low volume levels I can hear the static, though faint. If I turn the volume all the way off, I can hear it clearly as well. It's constant and doesn't change with the iPAL volume knob or the volume of my iPod. Can anyone confirm or deny that their iPAL has the same probelem. If I don't hear from anyone, I plan on returning it for a replacement.

Thanks,
BacMan

MikeM

Retired
I've never of that being an issue with the PAL radios. I would return it and see if you can test a new one before leaving the store.

MascotStudios

Don't Toy with My Toys!
I've had the PAL's (three of them) for a couple of years and never any static - use all day with my iPod BTW. And what a great marketing gimmick from Tivoli Audio. The had a white PAL since the day they were intro'd two or so years ago and they stick an I in front of it and create a whole new market. My PAL's are black, but still compliments the Ipod nicely in its white dock.

Definetly sounds defective - I agree you should have them fire a replacement up in the store.