iPOD INTERFACE IN JAGUAR X-TYPE 3.0

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

jrose

I desperately want to be able to connect my 3G iPod to my car stereo in a Jaguar X-type. Problem is, Jag installs a stereo with a fiber optic system. No cassette deck. Single CD player. Does anyone have any grand schemes without completely tearing up the head unit and re-wiring it, not that that can even be done successsfully.???:rolleyes:

bluntman

Former Zen Master
These might work, I don't know if what they mean by "S-Type" as the model of car or the model of stereo or the model of AUX input. You can buy them at Discountstereo.com, either one.

Sorry, I just reread the description, "S-Type" is the car, but you never know, it may still work.

jrose

I certainly don't know enought about any of this, but I appreciate any ideas and will definitely check this one out. I'm pretty sure that the X-type and S-type come with the same basic factory head unit.

Thanks for your info!

JNGold

*Gadget Guy*
Find out if Jag is offering (if it doesn't already) a generic Aux input.

I have the same issue with my '03 Saab 9-3SS. Saab just recently offered an Aux input upgrade kit. No, I can't control my iPod through my steering controls (like the Bimmer interface) but the direct input to the stereo system sounds great.

bluntman

Former Zen Master
I looked around a bit more, I checked the Blitzsafe and Soundgate websites...nothing. The only glimmer of hope I can give you is that Dension, the makers of the IceLink are considering developing an IceLink for the Jaguar X-Type. All I can suggest is to keep an eye on that webpage and add your email address to those other X-Type owners who are also interested in that item.