What would i need to connect my iPod to my stereo?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

BrockStrongo

I'd like to connect it as my CD player is broken at the moment, also it would be useful to use as an alarm to wake me up!

jwc110869

Technology made me fat
All you need is a "line out" and a cable to conect with.

I know of two ways to get the line out. Either with the Apple Dock, or the Sendstation "PocketDock". You technically can use the headphone out, but you won't be satisfied with the sound quality.

I have the Monster "iCable" which is a cable with an 1/8" jack at one end, and RCA plugs at the other end. There are other brands that are cheaper, but I feel quality cables do help with sound quality.

You should be able to plug in place of your CD player or Auxilary input, but avoid "Phono", there always seem to be audio problems attached to that one. Good luck.

johnwibble

I'm using the line out on my iPod dock along with the Monster cable, the end result as absolutely superb - I was amazed at just how good this sounds. My music is ripped at 192Kbps AAC and I can honestly say that I won't be using my CD player again in a hurry !

brted

Website
igirder.com
I don't think the sound quality is that bad out of the headphone jack at about 75% volume. I wouldn't bother with buying a dock if you don't already have one. The cable itself is pretty cheap.

BrockStrongo

Well, it turns out my 4G 20gb was defective! when plugged into the USB the pc would not respond to it at all, happened on many PC's and tried with a couple of cables.

so due to the shop not having anymore 4g 20gb's in stock, i will be exchanging it for a 4G 40gb! which of course includes that illusive dock :)

only one problem... i wonder if my iSkin for the 4G 20gb will fit round the 4G 40gb?

BrockStrongo

Well, i tried the case on my new 40gb iPod, and while it DID fit, due to the stretching of the rubber, the screen protector would not fit properly.

luckily i DID keep all the packaging for the iSkin, so its in perfect condition, except at the top of the packagine where its been cut open.

Twill go on eBay and i will buy a replacement

:)