Jabra Eargels are a good solution

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

tulsagentleman

Geriatric Lounger
I love my iPod, and am satisfied with the earphones that come with it, but after some time they make my ears sore. I looked in this forum and someone mentioned Jabra eargels. I looked around on line and discovered that Radio Shack sells them so went and checked them out.

They come 6 to a package for about $7. There are 3 pairs of left and right silicon earpieces that slip over whatever ear phones you have - fit the apples fine. The part that goes in your ear comes in small, medium, and large and is shaped like the kind of earpiece that you find on a hearing aid. The medium fit me very well, sealed out a lot of ambient noise and was very comfortable. The nice thing is that there are Radio Shacks all over so they are easy to find you can look before you buy. Check them out.

http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?catalog_name=CTLG&product_id=43-2009

Texipod

Lost in Toon Land
Interesting. I have tried the Jabra ear gels on other buds but never thought about trying them on the apple buds. OK, so I have them in right now. After trying all three sizes I found the smallest (teal) gels fit me best.

The bad;

1. The gell gets stretched a bit out of shape
2. It blocks 90% of the speaker grill and muddies the sound

The Good;

1. they stay in without constant tweaking
2. 10x more comfortable than foam pads or no pads.
3. somewhat better isolation.

Even though this is a slight improvement, Sennheiser MX500 buds sound WAY better and are less than $20.

The only reason I would recommend anyone go out and by the jabra ear gells would be if you just insist on using the apple buds and want them to fit better.

Texipod

Lost in Toon Land
Ahaha! I found the perfect use for the ibuds with the jabra ear gells....

they fit so good that you can sleep with them in and they won't fall out.
Perfect for audio books.