Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Alpine KCA121B Aux adapt cable with Alpine CDA 852

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 09-06-2004, 08:21 AM

Freshman Lounger

Alpine KCA121B Aux adapt cable with Alpine CDA 852

Please choose the appropriate forum for this topic. Thank you. I have an older Alpine head unit CDA 852, it is the Din and 1/2 GM/Chr fit unit from around 2000. I has the Ai net logo on the face. I plugged in the KCA 121B Aux adapt cable in the changer input on the CDA 852 hoping to turn it into an Aux line input for my iPod. It would not work. I went to two local Alpine dealers and they could not get it to work either. There does'nt seem to be a way in the menu to get to Aux mode like on other Alpine units.

I called Alpine Tech services the other day and they stated that the KCA 121B would not work with pre 2002 Alpine head units. They did offer this solution though. I tried it and it works. Before I proceed I want to make clear that this does work for an Alpine CDA 852
I am not sure if it will work on any other Alpine units or any other brands. If in doubt call
your dealer or brand tech suport.

1. Plug the KCA 121B Aux adapt cable into the changer input of head unit.

2. In the head units menu mode make sure mute is off.

3. Put a toggle switch on the pink and black cell phone interrupt wire and connect
to ground.

4. When the toggle switch is activated the display on the CDA 852 will read interrupt,
and this will allow a line level signal to come through the changer input with the
KCA 121B Aux adapt cable.

5. It works great, no noise on the input and you can even use separate settings for
bass and treble, ect for the radio, CD and iPod.

Hope this might help some one with an install sometime.

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 09-06-2004, 04:22 PM

Brainwashed Right Winger

Great tip. Nice little hack to make it work. Now if we could see some pics that would be the iceing on the cake

Chris

iPhone 5s 16GB | iPad Mini 1Gen 16GB | 16gig iPad | Unibody MacBook Pro
Old 09-06-2004, 08:12 PM

Freshman Lounger

Ok, I'll work on it thanks
Old 05-29-2005, 05:51 PM

Freshman Lounger

I have been searching everywhere on the net to try to find how to do this with my cda-852. Even our local car stereo shops (which are definitely not average shops) said i was probably S.O.L. I did this trick and in 15 minutes i was listening to my mp3 player. Thanks!! And the sound is amazing.

Topic: Alpine KCA121B Aux adapt cable with Alpine CDA 852

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.