Aux-pod Ordered

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

squirrelly

Website
www.theseashore.us
I ordered my AUX-POD today. I will be installing it in my 2002 FORD ESCAPE, it has the factory 6 disk indash changer. I will give you all a little review when I have in installed. I am hopeing I have it by Saturday.

squirrelly

Website
www.theseashore.us
got it

I got the aux-pod today, UPS tried to deliver it Friday but I wasn't there to sign for it. It looks pretty well built and looks nicer then the icelink. I hope to install it in the morning so I will let you all know if it works for me and how well.

squirrelly

Website
www.theseashore.us
INSTALLED

I installed the AUX-POD in my 2002 Ford Escape which has a factory 6 disk in dash CD changer today and it works perfectly. I can control it thought my factory radio which I didn???t want to replace. Installation was easy, it took about an hour. All I had to do was remove the radio, plug in the wire harness, tap into two wires on the factory radio (12 volt constant power and ground), mount the AUX-POD box out of the way and run the dock cable. On some cars you won???t have to tap into any wires but I think on all Fords you do, PAC-AUDIO???s website tells you this. The funny thing is that they didn???t make the whole thing, at least not the dock connector. There is a sticker on the dock connector that says PAC and I wanted to remove it so it was all white. When I did this it said DENSION, so I am thinking they bought it from them when they came out with the ICELINK 1.1. I like the AUX-POD better because I think it is more flexible when it comes to installing it in another car in the future, you just need to get a new wire harness for it. Not sure how the icelink works but I understand it not to work that way. I also heard that the DENSION dock is not the greatest. If you have any questions I will try to answer them and I will post some pictures soon, maybe tomorrow.

squirrelly

Website
www.theseashore.us
easy

Ms_Jewelle said:
When you say "easy", is it "Some radio knowledge" easy, or "A five year old can do it" easy?

Thanks!
The hardest part was finding the power and ground wire on the radio. I did a search on the net to find that. If you pull out your radio and use wire taps from radio shack (if you need them) you can install it. I would say you could do it and everyone hear can help. Just make sure your car is compatible.

trentino

Re: INSTALLED

squirrelly said:
All I had to do is... mount the AUX-POD box out of the way and run the dock cable.
What I'm trying to figure out is does the Aux-Pod box mount behind the CD player out of site or do you have to mount it somewhere in the interior of the car.

Also, you mentioned that you needed to tap into the power cable and that you can get the tools to do this at radio shack. Does this involve actually cutting the cable and splacing cables together or is it easier than that? Sorry for the ignorance! :)

BTW I have a 2004 Ford Escape with in dash Mach 6-CD changer.

Trent

cklinh

Question about the operation (I have an Aux Pod too)

Do you find that your iPod starts playing when you start the car even when the AuxPod isn't the selected device (like the headunit is on AM or FM)?

Mine does that, and although it's not a big problem... I'd just like to have it clarified...

BarracksSi

Good to hear it works --

I'm excited about the Alpine interface that's due out soon, but I'm not excited about the kind of attention that an Alpine head would get from a potential thief.

I may now have a reason to upgrade from my P.I.E. RCA adapter.

squirrelly

Website
www.theseashore.us
Re: Re: INSTALLED

trentino said:
What I'm trying to figure out is does the Aux-Pod box mount behind the CD player out of site or do you have to mount it somewhere in the interior of the car.

Also, you mentioned that you needed to tap into the power cable and that you can get the tools to do this at radio shack. Does this involve actually cutting the cable and splacing cables together or is it easier than that? Sorry for the ignorance! :)

BTW I have a 2004 Ford Escape with in dash Mach 6-CD changer.

Trent
The aux-pod is mounted behind the radio with double face tape they supply. As for taping the power you don't cut anything. Radioshack has wire taps that do that for you. They are very easy to use.

cklinh--No mine doesn't paly unless it is selected and it usally stops when I switch to a different source. Once an awhile when I turn the car off it will still play but that doesn't happen to often.