Airport Express Vs. Navipod or Similar

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

puckles

Website
fotolog.net
I have a Win2000 desk top
and a really nice reciever

I live in a one bedroom apartment - the TV/Stereo is right by the front door (i live in miami for would be theives) and the computer is at the other end of hte house.

I'm debating getting the Airport Express system and broadcasting from the desktop to the stereo or just getting a wireless remote for the ipod (for now if i'm mostly in the living room/kitchen end of the house, i listen to the ipod hooked up to the reciever through a handy cable i almost threw away years ago.... if I'm mostly in the bedroom/kitchen end of the house, i listen to the desktop)... it'd mainly be cool cos then it could play at the desktop and in the stereo... accomodating my spaztic need to be everywhere at once....

but the navipod would be cool because then i could advance to the next song from where ever i am, with out walking up to the computer or the ipod....

have thought about a wireless remote for the computer - but i'd still have to walk into the bedroom to switch the songs.... unless... do they work through walls?

maybe what i REALLY need is a laptop.... HAHAHAHAHAHHAHA.

any opinions?
thanks,
puck

Ic3Floe

dont really know about any of the other things, but seeing as the navipod uses ir, its garunteed to need a line of site to the receiver on the top of the ipod. So no luck through walls.

rixter55

I suspect the Airport Express will be getting a remote accessory very soon. That is the one glaring shortcoming of it's functionality. For the short term, the Navipod is a good solution for you, but, personally, I'm going for the Airport Express, because of it's multiple uses, and I will hold out patiently for the accessory remote sure to come out within the next few months.

Which ever choice you make, you run into some limitations. But I suspect they both work well, as long as your expectations are reasonable.

good luck!

Rick