Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Calling IPOD Owners who drives a Renault Scenic 1.6

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 08-02-2004, 11:45 AM

Freshman Lounger

Calling IPOD Owners who drives a Renault Scenic 1.6

Ok, I think this thread is meant for Ipod owners in Europe who drives the new 2004 Renault Scenic Megane 1.6

The headunit that comes with the Scenic is factory-fitted; comes with a single CD player & radio. I believe there's no Aux input.
Question is how do I connect the Ipod directly to the headunit without replacing it. I hv an itrip-mini but found it unsuitable as I live in the city and the free stations generate too much interference & static noise when playing my Ipod.

Any suggestions & ideas?

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 01-20-2005, 03:40 AM

Freshman Lounger

Hi there

I drive a Renault Megane 2000 model that comes with the VDO/TunerList head unit. I am waiting for the shipment of the Dension Ice>link Plus to arrive in South Africa so that I can get my grubby paws on one and install it into my car.

The head unit that comes fitted from Renault Scenic / Megane from 2000 onwards, even the new Scenic II / Megane II all use the same CD shuttle and hense the same CD shuttle interface. The Ice>link will therefore work on your head unit.

Visit www.dension.com
Old 03-11-2008, 04:38 AM

Freshman Lounger

cd head unit

Hi
I have a Renault Scenic with a CD/radio and no CD changer - just a front loading CD. Has anyone had any luck fitting a ipod attachment to this sort of setup. Instructions I have read says remove the head unit - does that mean the front face of the radio?
Libby
Old 09-08-2008, 12:24 PM

Freshman Lounger

I have the same car with a CD autochanger, I can buy a lead for 13.00 on Ebay, which plugs into the back of the headunit, you can update the headunit so that it allows AUX, I haven't bought it yet, but I had a similar arrangement on my previous car with a blaupunkt radio, it worked ok, but only with a jackplug, so it didn't control the ipod.

In your case you can use the Socket for the multichanger to connect a proper ipod control, which you can buy from renault.

Cheers

Topic: Calling IPOD Owners who drives a Renault Scenic 1.6

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.