Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Getting earphones to stay in ear

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 07-30-2004, 06:05 PM

Junior Lounger

Getting earphones to stay in ear

Sorry if this has been posted before. How do you get the earphones that come with an iPod to stay in your ears? The left earpiece fits loosely in my ear and keeps popping out after a minute or two. The right earpiece fits snugly, though. Maybe I have a weirdly shaped left ear Any tips on getting the earpiece to stay in my ear? Are the Apple earbuds any better? Any recommendations for non-Apple earphone/headphone that works well and stays in the ears?

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 07-30-2004, 06:11 PM

Pro Lounger

I notice my left ear is a slightly different shape than my right.

Try superglue... or staples...
Old 07-30-2004, 07:57 PM

Freshman Lounger

I am not sure if you have already tried this but here's what I do to make the Apple earphones fit into my funny-shaped ears : I take the headphone and wrap the wire around the back of my ear and then put the headphone in. That way it's coming in at an angle and the connector from the headphones to the wire is sticking upward slightly instead of downward. Makes it a bit harder for the headphones to fall out or get pulled out of your ears as well.
Old 07-31-2004, 03:14 AM

Junior Lounger

never in my life did i find a pair of earbuds (shaped like the stock iPod ones) that would stay in my ears for more than a minute. i think you really need to upgrade to a more "canalphone" setup. i bought a set of the ever-popular Sony 71SL's. you just find the tip that fits your canal best (they come with 3 different sizes) and then slide them on in. they fit like a glove and won't fall out unless you tug on them. they're fantastic for the price in my opinion. they're easily obtained in black, but you can find them in white at a few e-tailers. hope that helps.

40gig 4g iPod || Sony White MDR-EX71

Last edited by DavePod; 07-31-2004 at 07:37 AM.
Old 07-31-2004, 04:43 PM

Junior Lounger

The Apple in-ear headphones looks similar to the Sony 71SL
and has different sized caps to fit various sized ears. Are the Apple ones just as good as the Sony ones? The Sony ones are more expensive, though, but if it's worth it I'll buy a pair. I did buy a piar of Sony over the ear headphones today but they seem loose on my ears With this pair, it's the right earpiece that occasionally pops off. I must have deformed ears or something

Quote:
Originally posted by DavePod
never in my life did i find a pair of earbuds (shaped like the stock iPod ones) that would stay in my ears for more than a minute. i think you really need to upgrade to a more "canalphone" setup. i bought a set of the ever-popular Sony 71SL's. you just find the tip that fits your canal best (they come with 3 different sizes) and then slide them on in. they fit like a glove and won't fall out unless you tug on them. they're fantastic for the price in my opinion. they're easily obtained in black, but you can find them in white at a few e-tailers. hope that helps.

Last edited by BlueSandpiper; 07-31-2004 at 04:56 PM.
Old 08-01-2004, 12:18 AM

Junior Lounger

yeah, the ear is the most variable part of the human body. nobody has the same ear shape, which is why so many people prefer so many different types of earbuds.

Topic: Getting earphones to stay in ear

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.