Security lock

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

VicF

Hi all,

Someone posted about this some time ago, but I didn't see any followup. Has anyone had any luck finding a way to lock down their iPod? I'm hoping to use iPods in an environment where they are likely to be stolen (a college lab); some sort of anchoring hardware would be very useful. Furthermore, it would be best if there was a way to rapidly lock and unlock the iPod.

(There is or used to be a product called Habitat which was a locking dock, but that was for the 1G/2G iPod; I have seen nothing for the 3G/4G iPod.)

Thanks,

Vic

mlanham

Bump!

Since the iPod doubles as an external hard drive, there really ought to be a way of securing somehow...

Two ideas:
1. Stick one of those brackets on the back, but that's so permanent and makes it less portable.
2. Find a lockable box with holes for the cables.

Yuck.

The iPods just sit out in the open at my Apple Store; can anyone think of how they secure display iPods at other retail locations? Maybe we can come up with some plans for making something... (duck tape, chewing gum and a paper clip...)

Mike

birchyboy

mlanham said:
The iPods just sit out in the open at my Apple Store; can anyone think of how they secure display iPods at other retail locations?
Mike
The iPods at the Apple Store in Salem, NH have security cables attached to the back and to the docks. I can't imagine any Apple Store leaving them unattached unless the store manager isn't worried about inventory shortages!

kif

In the store situation you could put them in some kind of plexiglass box or something and have holes so the customers can press the buttons and stuff... That's how the have it at the local Best Buy and it seems to work pretty well.