Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: IPod in 2004 Infinity G35

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 05-29-2004, 10:22 AM

Freshman Lounger

Question IPod in 2004 Infinity G35

I'm a newbie to this forum but hope someone can help????

Looking for high quality solution to get my IPod jacked into the stock Bose stereo in my 2004 G35 Coupe. Tried the FM transmitted route...Hated it....currently using the cassette deck route. Although the deck route is ok, the hiss gets to me.

I am looking for a way to jack directly into the stereo on this car and need help. Can anyone provide insight.

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 05-30-2004, 01:17 AM

Freshman Lounger

Thumbs up Skyline/Infinity

Ipod Install In Nissan Skyline Sedan/Infinity G35

Yesterday did my Car Install or better said paid an installer to do it. It took about 3 Hrs.
Since I knew that Cassete adapotr of FM transmittor would not work for me I did not try any of these.
Parts used; a FM modulator, Car charger (www.CoolEra.com), car Female accessory plug, griffin connection cable and Nissan antenna adaptor.
See pictures for result.
I did not use a ground loop isolator. Will evaluate if this is needed in the next days, I can add it quite easy if I need it.
First problem was that the sound was awful. Talking to the installer, which is not so not easy in Japan. They said they had used the best possible channel, and they had put the FM modulator line input level at medium.
I changed the equalizer from bass boost to normal and connected the head phone jack to the FM modulator. By changing the volume from the Ipod I could find a satisfactory setting. We decided to lower the line input level to low and listened carefully, much better sound. The maximum sound level is not extremely high and varies from song to song but I am not going to any decibel competitions. If necessary I can change the line input level myself back to medium since the modulator is hidden but easy accessible.

I took the removable cup holder out of the console. This is where a hole in the side wall allows the wires to disappear in the center console. The hole is rather large for the connectors but since it is in the side wall it is nearly unnoticeable.

I mounted the docking station with Velcro to the bottom of the center console.
If the Ipod is removed I can put the cup holder back in place and still use it.
The connection between the Docking station and cable is not so good. The connector end on the cable fits well in the Ipod but not so good in the Docking station. If the Docking station moves the Connector will disconnect.

Overall I am very happy, driving home my wife asked me to not go home yet and listen some more to the music, so we drove around for an other hour listening to random songs.

With the crappy radio stations in Yokohama the Ipod is a real must. The in dash six disk CD changer is nice but 6 CD?s is not much.

This CAR does not have a SAT button like the Infinity models in the US have. It would be nice to use this and be able to control the song selection with the radio controls but using the Ipod controls works for me. Installed Radio is the Factory Bose Premium system with no AUX inputs. It is a nice system for a Factory install.

The CoolEra Car charger is very Cheap, $10 not counting shipping. But it is probably not designed for use with the Docking station. Does any body know of good fitting Car Chargers? Under $50?
Now I need a new Docking station for my desk!
Old 05-30-2004, 01:49 AM

Freshman Lounger

picture
Attached Thumbnails
IPod in 2004 Infinity G35-dscf0001-sm.jpg  
Old 05-30-2004, 01:51 AM

Freshman Lounger

FM Modulator
Attached Thumbnails
IPod in 2004 Infinity G35-dscf0002-sm.jpg  
Old 05-30-2004, 01:54 AM

Freshman Lounger

Picture
Attached Thumbnails
IPod in 2004 Infinity G35-dscf0006-sm.jpg  
Old 05-30-2004, 01:57 AM

Freshman Lounger

Please note this Picture is not mirrored! (RH Drive Car)
Attached Thumbnails
IPod in 2004 Infinity G35-dscf0007-sm.jpg  
Old 05-30-2004, 02:03 AM

Freshman Lounger

Repost of first picture
Attached Thumbnails
IPod in 2004 Infinity G35-dscf0001-sma.jpg  
Old 05-30-2004, 02:05 AM

Freshman Lounger

picture
Attached Thumbnails
IPod in 2004 Infinity G35-dscf0005-sm.jpg  
Old 05-30-2004, 03:21 AM

Freshman Lounger

Hey you're in luck. I Just got my ipod install yesterday in my 2004 g35 coupe through an aux input that connects to the back of the bose radio. It connects through the Satellite radio, if you have SAT radio then it would not work. Check out www.pac-audio.com for their aux input unit. It justr came out recently. I'll post some pics for you tomorrow.
Old 05-30-2004, 07:50 AM

Freshman Lounger

Thanks DudeDog and Buddhq. Wow...I never thought of the SAT intput Buddha. I though I was scuppered, Looks like there may be hope. I look forward to additional infor.

Thanks again gents.

Tentman
Old 06-24-2004, 12:25 PM

Senior Lounger

tentman,

I put together a DIY for installing the PAC unit in a G35. The unit works great and I am so glad to finally be rid of that damn FM transmitter. Check it out in my sig.

-Ken

Topic: IPod in 2004 Infinity G35

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.