iMac CD accessory - iLounge Forums
Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: iMac CD accessory

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 10-22-2016, 06:33 PM

Junior Lounger

iMac CD accessory

Dear iLounge Gurus, I know it's antiquated, but so am I getting. Id like your advice on what and where to best get an add-on CD gizmo so I can load my CD library onto iTunes on my iMac. thanks
Old 10-23-2016, 11:14 AM

Wouldn't any USB based external CD reader work?

Apple has one: Apple USB SuperDrive - Apple
Amazon has an LG that is almost 1/3 the price: https://amzn.com/B00C2AMKR2

Have you backed up your iTunes Library this week? If not, you are risking losing your music and playlists....
Old 10-30-2016, 02:21 PM

Junior Lounger

Dear cjmnews, Hey, thanks for the links. I will look and ask further if need be. For the record, what storage format do YOU use to back up your iTunes Library? Chrisman
Old 10-30-2016, 06:50 PM

I use an external USB hard drive that I keep locked in a firebox when not being used for a backup. I use the software Retrospect.

Considering a cloud backup as well (not instead). Though I would want to pre-encrypt anything that went to the cloud first. No need for anyone but me snooping through the files.

I used to use CD/DVD when iTunes supported that. That went away years ago.

Have you backed up your iTunes Library this week? If not, you are risking losing your music and playlists....
Old 11-01-2016, 09:29 PM

Junior Lounger

Dear cjmnews, Hey, Thanks too for the info on youy backup. I do have an oldfashioned harddrive made by a company called Rosewill but I want to purge it before beginning its' use again. For the record, I have ordered the Apple CD/DVD unit. Yes, as you pointed out it was 3x more than the knockoff but I just dont want to risk incompatibility or some such nonesense even at the peanuts price of $23. These kinds of things shouldnt be so cheap, ending up in the landfill in a few years, bleeding in to groundwater. Happy thoughts, eh? Thanks for your help. Chrisman
Old 11-01-2016, 09:36 PM

Junior Lounger

cjmnews, IM back with one more inane question: What in your opinion is a good forum for learning some basic use of onboard iMac programs, like how to accelerate the cursor's movement (it advances like a snail) or how to set tabs on 'Pages'
Believe it or not, Ive tried to perform these tasks many times and cannot figure it out (( I know, Im a Dork thanks again Chrisman
Old 11-02-2016, 10:30 AM

Google is what I use. Just put in the words of the question without the common words.

If the question is "How do I make iMac cursor move faster?" I would search for: iMac cursor move faster

I find a lot of my answers on MacRumors Forums as a windows user with a new Mac in the house.

Old 11-13-2016, 03:00 PM

Junior Lounger

Dear cjmnews, Thanks another time for your quick reply. I will check out MacRumors forums for help. Chrisman

Topic: iMac CD accessory

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.