iPhone 6S case dilemma - iLounge Forums
Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: iPhone 6S case dilemma

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 01-26-2016, 01:44 AM

Freshman Lounger

iPhone 6S case dilemma

Hi there,

Just bought an iPhone 6S, and I've got insurance for it.

Even though I've got insurance for it, I'm wondering what the best case is for me. I mostly live an urban lifestyle, but I do periodically live in Montana and have dropped a phone in the river. In the past I've owned LifeProof cases, but is that overkill if I have insurance? Is there another case that's suitable, and maybe not quite as bulky? Also, I once owned a LifeProof Nuud case -- the one without the screen protector because it supposedly had gorilla glass that doesn't scratch. But now, it seems the glass on this iPhone 6S is already scratching! So, what would be a good solution?

Thanks!
Old 01-27-2016, 10:55 AM

Freshman Lounger

Every time they say 'these screens won't scratch' and everytime... they scratch! I'm rocking a Spigen neo hybrid case and SecondSkin screen protector. The best case / screen protector combo I've found by far. I could never use a LifeProof - just seems such a shame to put such a beautiful phone in a big lump of plastic like that.
Old 01-28-2016, 02:33 AM

Freshman Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastace View Post
Every time they say 'these screens won't scratch' and everytime... they scratch! I'm rocking a Spigen neo hybrid case and SecondSkin screen protector. The best case / screen protector combo I've found by far. I could never use a LifeProof - just seems such a shame to put such a beautiful phone in a big lump of plastic like that.
Thanks for your suggestion! Yeah, I hear you about LifeProof...that's partly why I'm considering an alternative case. (Well, that plus the fact that I've got insurance, so I LifeProof case feels excessive.)

Tell me, does the Spigen neo hybrid case and SecondSkin screen protector combo afford you any kind of waterproof protection? I like the look of your case combo, but like I said...I've dropped my phone into a few rivers, so I'd like to have some kind of protection to prevent against that kind of water damage. Happy to consider other options, too. Thanks!
Old 01-31-2016, 02:36 AM

Freshman Lounger

Put another way... Is there a case out there for the 6S that's like a LifeProof lite?

Thanks!
Old 08-09-2016, 09:43 AM

Freshman Lounger

buy ordinary rubber bumper!
Old 10-09-2016, 12:41 AM

Freshman Lounger

Lifeproof Fre' (not nuud) is a pretty good case and not too bulky at all to me. Its fully enclosed and 100% water proof. Just a thought.

Topic: iPhone 6S case dilemma

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.