Car charger for iPhone with audio via dock connector, not headphone jack - iLounge Forums
Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Car charger for iPhone with audio via dock connector, not headphone jack

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 03-01-2015, 03:14 PM

Freshman Lounger

Car charger for iPhone with audio via dock connector, not headphone jack

For many years I've been using the Kensington LiquidAUX as my iPhone car charger because it offers audio directly from the dock connector into my car's stereo aux input. I find the sound quality to be much superior to that experienced via the iPhone's headphone jack. Although the unit has a 30-pin connector, I've been using the Apple Lightning to 30-Pin Adapter (0.2M) with my iPhone 5, and the audio quality has remained excellent and without interference. Well, my Kensington LiquidAUX is now dead, and I've been unable to locate a replacement. Note that this was not the LiquidAUX Deluxe -- which comes with a mounting system -- but, rather, the standard model that provided a nice, long 30-pin cable attached directly to the charger, instead. Has anyone found a similar car stereo solution? Again, I'm not looking for something that only charges the iPhone, and I'm not looking for something that uses an FM transmitter, and I'm not looking for something with a built-in mounting system -- what I need is an all-in-one solution that both charges the iPhone AND takes the audio signal directly from the dock connector. Any ideas, folks?
Old 01-22-2016, 02:30 AM

Freshman Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stickler View Post
For many years I've been using the Kensington LiquidAUX as my iPhone car charger because it offers audio directly from the dock connector into my car's stereo aux input. I find the sound quality to be much superior to that experienced via the iPhone's headphone jack. Although the unit has a 30-pin connector, I've been using the Apple Lightning to 30-Pin Adapter (0.2M) with my iPhone 5, and the audio quality has remained excellent and without interference. Well, my Kensington LiquidAUX is now dead, and I've been unable to locate a replacement. Note that this was not the LiquidAUX Deluxe -- which comes with a mounting system -- but, rather, the standard model that provided a nice, long 30-pin cable attached directly to the charger, instead. Has anyone found a similar car stereo solution? Again, I'm not looking for something that only charges the iPhone, and I'm not looking for something that uses an FM transmitter, and I'm not looking for something with a built-in mounting system -- what I need is an all-in-one solution that both charges the iPhone AND takes the audio signal directly from the dock connector. Any ideas, folks?
I heard the new iPhone 7 will delete the audio jack, then this car charger you suggest will be perfect, right? could you share where to get this?
Old 01-22-2016, 10:16 AM

Jon,
If you re-read Stickler's post he was looking for a solution too, almost a year ago.

You'll need to search on your own. I am not sure how it handled playback to the car stereo as Stickler did not say. Maybe it was Bluetooth, maybe there was a connection to an auxiliary port from the LiquidAUX.

Good luck.

Have you backed up your iTunes Library this week? If not, you are risking losing your music and playlists....
Old 05-06-2016, 10:38 PM

Junior Lounger

Bummer this is such an old thread with no responses! I came here looking for the exact same thing.

I used to use a Monster cable on my 40gb iPod, 1G touch and iPhone 4s. That finally died and I had to go to 2 separate cables a couple of years ago. Kind of a pain and quality isn't as good.

Now I've upgraded to the 5SE, which I love, but the headphone port is on the bottom and it hits the base of my mount. I can probably hack the corner of the mount off but I'd really like a single cable again.

I swear these existed when I was looking for a replacement 30 pin cable 2-3 years ago.

Topic: Car charger for iPhone with audio via dock connector, not headphone jack

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.