Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: headphones

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 03-18-2014, 10:25 AM

Freshman Lounger

headphones

Which do you think are the best?

Senheisser CX400 II Precision
RHA MA600i
RHA MA750i
Bose IE2

Ideally I want something with a mic for iPhone 5 so I can use Siri etc and not too expensive, any opinions?

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 03-18-2014, 12:18 PM

The first three headphones (CX400 and the two RHA models) are noise-isolating. That means that they make a seal with your outer ear canal that stops outside noise from coming in. The Bose IE2 (actually you would need the MIE2i set if you want Apple device controls and a microphone) aren't noise-isolating, they still let some ambient noise in. So that should help you decide on what you want.

Personally, I have a pair of Bose SIE2i earbuds. I went with the sports edition as I wanted something that I could use while exercising, walking to lectures (at the time) without worrying about sweat, and allowing me to wear them in my research lab and not worry about splashing some water on them. Also, the MIE2i and SIE2i are the only earbuds that are comfortable for me to wear and they don't fall out. Earbuds like the other three you listed always pop out of my ears. I can wear them sitting down without moving but will fall out if I turn my head or get up and walk. It's annoying and one of the reasons I never wore earbuds until now.

They aren't my primary headphones but I do wear them at least 4 times a week and they have never fallen out and I've never had to take them out because they hurt. So my vote goes towards the MIE2i Bose headphones but that's just me and due to my preferences, I haven't had any experience with the other earbuds as, like I've said, they wouldn't stay in my ears due to their designs.

64GB iPhone 5 | 64GB iPad mini | AppleTV 2 (2012) | AppleTV 2 (2010) | 4GB 3G iPod shuffle | 2012 15" MacBook Pro, 1TB SSHD, 16GB DDR3 1600 MHz, OS X 10.8.4 Mountain Lion | Apple Lossless | iTunes AAC -Q 68 | iTunes 11.1 | Library size = 1.78TB | Legacy iPods: 3G 40GB, 4G 40GB, 5G 60GB, 160GB iPod classic (2009)
Old 06-20-2014, 06:36 AM

Freshman Lounger

Senheisser CX400 II Precision are really good and high quality headphones

Topic: headphones

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.