Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: The i-FlashDrive, Advisory

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 03-30-2012, 12:17 PM

Freshman Lounger

The i-FlashDrive, Advisory

The new i-FlashDrive, comes in 8, 16, and 32 gig, and you plug it into USB port on your Mac, remove it, plug the other connector into your iPad and do file transfers and/or extra storage for your iPad. The biggest advantage is that you won't have to jailbreak your iPad to use it. You will have to go out and buy an iPad camera interface (non-Apple versions can be bought for around USD 5). It's sold by Photofast of Taiwan and The Hypershop of an unknown location in the US.

I attempted to order from the Hypershop, but their credit card acceptance web page wouldn't work, and I'm glad the transaction failed.

Later on I read the reviews of the i-FlashDrive interface software on the iTunes Store, currently it's getting 22 5-star ratings and 28 1 star rating with adverse comments.

You do what you want, but you might want to read all the comments at the iTunes store before purchasing.

Be aware - while you're searching for i-FlashDrive in the itunes store, there are two different softwares using the same name, the other is iFlashDrive without the hyphen.

The i-FlashDrive is probably worth keeping an eye on, especially if they do version upgrades to fix the complaints posted to the iTunes store.

Meanwhile, Western Digital is supposed to be releasing a half-terabyte 2.5 external drive for both your Mac and your iPad that will do the same thing - storage for the ipad and file transfers, Mac-iPad-Mac, etc.

System Snow Leopard, Mac Pro, , 2nd Gen iPod Touch, iPad-3 Wifi only.
"Windows is to a Mac, as a transvestite is to a Real Woman."

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Topic: The i-FlashDrive, Advisory

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.