Airplay headphones?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Gospel

Hi all,

Stereo Bluetooth headsets are nice. But, I would like to have Airplay headphones. Does such a beast exist?

Does Airplay carry better audio quality than Bluetooth? Or, are they about the same?

Noise canceling Airplay headphones would be ideal! But probably very pricey.

Thanks!
Steven

Sparkee

Don't think I have heard of any such thing. I do prefer wired headphones for music simply do to the fact there is no loss of quality to the compression used by the wireless technologies. If you could find such a beast I would say an AirPlay headphone would be better simply because WiFi has more bandwidth than Bluetooth which does compress the audio. But after searching I don't believe such a beast exists.

Gospel

Thanks for your reply. I quit using wired headsets because they don't last three months. I try to be very careful with them but the wires in the cords break either at the earpiece end or the connector end.

I tried the BOSE Quiet Comfort 2 headphones which had a detachable cord that could be replaced easily. Guess what? One of the whole ear piece assemblies broke off from the over head band. The exact same thing happened to the second set!

I can get a year's worth of usage from behind-the-neck BT headsets. I keep a couple sets of Sony folding in-ear earphones (ones with the white sides) as a backup. I like these particular US$10 Sony earphones because they have an extra long cord.

I'm currently in the market for a new headset because the left speaker on my current Sony BT headset quit working. I'm looking at the Sannheiser PMX 60 BT headset.

Thanks & Enjoy life!
Steven

kornchild2002

No offense but, if you are only getting a few months of use out of wired/bluetooth wireless headphones, you are only going to get a few months out of mythical AirPlay enabled headphones. Those Sennheiser's you want are going to "fall apart" after a few months, maybe a year too. There is something wrong if your Bose QuietComfort II's broke like that after a short amount of time. I have had my pair for 4 years now without issues, I know someone else with the same pair that have lasted for 3 years, my supervisor has a pair that has lasted him 5 years, and a work colleague (who generally doesn't take care of her electronics) has gotten two years out of them and they are still going strong.

Sparkee

I have many sets of wired headphones including the Bose QC15 which are used daily and drag all over the country. Properly looked after any headphone will last you for years.

ealltech

Those Sennheiser's you want are going to "fall apart" after a few months, maybe a year too. There is something wrong if your Bose QuietComfort II's broke like that after a short amount of time.if you like
the headphones,

ealltech

I'm currently in the market for a new headset because the left speaker on my current Sony BT headset quit working. I'm looking at the Sannheiser PMX 60 BT headset.I like the monster headphones.

DexterJones

I dont know about a air play headset but I have bluetooth headset that works great! It is a mortola. I have had them for about 6 months and I use them ever day and the sound is fantastic!!

nimrod_panic

I have been looking for a wireless headset myself because the white standard earbuds are ok but almost always come out at the gym or when I am running.
So I looked into it some more and apparently AirPlay takes up far too much battery power to be practical.
It kind sounds like Apple have failed at the attempt to get around having to pay the bluetooth fee! As it is, AirPlay just isn't practical for headphones.

So I kept looking as I wanted something wireless - and a mate of mine found the perfect headset for running they are by Freesound they use bluetooth and they are really comfy and even stay on my head during parkour. The other thing is the battery lasts for like a week unbelievable for bluetooth (i was worried about having to charge them all time etc) so yes i recommend this model (FreeRunner) for anyone who does exercise as it gets round my problem of in-ear ones falling out, and I don't have to wear massive impractical headphones to get a decent quality sound experience.
The other thing I will mention is with these you also have a mic for hands-free calls! Honestly get some they are well worth it if you are looking to repalce your standard earbuds, as they sound much better, they are wireless and cost about the same to replace!

Hope that helps

Attachments

cesctheman

I don't know what you do with your headphones but try looking after them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk