Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Squareup.com apps tracking users by GPS all the time

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 03-29-2012, 03:57 PM

Freshman Lounger

Squareup.com apps tracking users by GPS all the time

I'm running this on the MIUI.US Android ROM that has a security suite that notifies you when apps access: GPS, contact list, and you can block apps from network access. Everytime the phone reboots, I get a security warning that it's querying gps location. It must have a service running in the background using battery life and spying on users location! I don't know if it's always uploading that location information to square or not, but it should only query gps location when I open the app and should not be running all the time.

David

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Topic: Squareup.com apps tracking users by GPS all the time

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.