Sony Xplod CD Player Ipod Connection

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

jargo1

Hey Guys!

I just bought a Mazda Protege5 that came with the Sony Xplod Car stereo system installed in it. I love that it already has a direct connection for my Ipod, as well as and AUX port and a USB port on the front. I love the sound quality I get from the direct connection, however, once my Ipod is connected directly, I cannot control the Ipod itself. It seems I have to unplug it, click on the artist I want to listen to, hit play, and plug it back in. Or, I can set the Ipod to "shuffle" and skip tracks using the CD player itself. Is there any way to still be able to have control of the Ipod while it's directly connected?

THANKS!

jrod2423

when you connect your ipod then there should be a mode button and press the mode button until the screen of the cd player says ipod and then it will be controled through the ipod instead of the cd player, and everytime you disconnect power to the cd player you will have to reset this setting.

partyd

Website
www.partydown.com
Some old iPod adapters lock you out of the iPod , what model is the sony radio ? the cable is something install on the back side of the radio, or you are using your white iPod usb cable ?