Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: iPhone 4 car charger with aux input?

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 03-31-2011, 07:11 PM

Freshman Lounger

iPhone 4 car charger with aux input?

Hi everyone,

Hopefully this is the right forum for this kind of post. So I just bought a new (verizon) iPhone 4. I am looking for a car charger that has (1) a dock connector and (2) an Auxiliary input (I have a 3.5 cable that goes from the back of my stereo since the factory stereo has no front aux inputs).

I currently use an old griffin car charger with an aux-input for an iPod classic but this apparently does not work with the iPhone 4. Before you all say I can just connect through the headphone jack--which I know--this is not what I am looking for. I specifically want a car charger w/ dock and aux-in. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 04-03-2011, 11:14 AM

Pro Lounger

We use this rca-ipd it charges 5 volts usb and 12v firewire and gets the audio from the iphone preamp, before the eq all from a single docking connector, in the other end there are rca jacks
Old 04-03-2011, 11:50 AM

The Kensington LiquidAux is still a nice solution although a bit more expensive, but also includes a wireless remote that you can attach to your steering wheel.

Griffin also has a number of good in-car solutions that are worth a look and might be a bit more reasonably-priced as well.

Old 04-17-2011, 10:51 AM

Senior Lounger

Monoprice used to sell an awesome cable for less than $5. It was the 30 pin dock connector with a phono jack AND USB on the other end. Unfortunatly monoprice stopped selling iPod cables becaus of legal reasons. You may be able to find a similar cable on ebay or amazon from a 3rd party seller. I bought 3 of those cables from monoprice a while back and I love it.

If you can not find that you just have to buy a car charger that has the aux phono jack on it. They are way overpriced for some reason though.

8G 1st gen iPhone (for sale)
16G iPhone 3G White (for sale)
32G iPhone 4 Black

Topic: iPhone 4 car charger with aux input?

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.