Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: iPod Dock to Subwoofer

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 01-08-2011, 01:52 PM

Freshman Lounger

iPod Dock to Subwoofer

I have a Bush iPod dock CSPK10i. On the back there is a "bass out" connection.
How can i connect this to my LG subwoofer part of my LG home cinema system?

There is no "bass in" on the LG system.. Can i connect directly to the woofer without damaging anything?

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 01-08-2011, 10:17 PM

Veteran Lounger

This is a "self-powered subwoofer," yes? Like, it has a mains connection? If so, you should be OK, provided the connectors on both the Bush dock and the LG sub are "RCA" plugs, also known a "phono" plugs. Here's a picture. If the "Bass Out" on the dock (or the input to the LG sub) is a speaker connector, forget it.

Turn down the LG sub's output (volume control) before connecting the dock's Bass Out; start playing a track and bring the LG level up slowly until it sounds good.

Topic: iPod Dock to Subwoofer

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.