Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Awesome little speaker

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 05-25-2010, 07:36 PM

Freshman Lounger

Awesome little speaker

For those of you with iPods, iPhones, iPads or anything similar that are looking for a portable speaker to take with you so when you are in a hotel with the AC blazing or something, you can hear it louder than the external speaker...look no further!

My wife and I were on a trip where we were in the hotel and wanted to watch a TV show on the iPad. The external speaker is pretty decent on the iDevices unless other stuff is going on, in which case, it's hard to hear ####.

So I wanted to find a small, portable, inexpensive speaker to take with me on trips just in case this happens and I found a great one!

It's called the x-mini, it recharges via USB cable (so no switching AA batteries etc), is small, and sounds pretty damn good for a small, inexpensive speaker. It works collapsed but you can also twist it and it sort of pops open like an accordion which makes it sound better.

Here's some crappy quality pics:

Here's where you can find it for 30 bucks:

Amazon.com link

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 06-21-2010, 02:39 PM

Freshman Lounger

You've spammed all of my threads with your BS. GFTO
Old 06-23-2010, 10:02 PM

Senior Lounger

Talking to yourself?

Anyway I have the first gen MiniMax and it wasn't all that good. No bass, dirty mids and screeching highs. For $20 I guess it's good to get something this small for portability but it's really not satisfying at all.

iPhone 3G 16GB, iPod Nano 2G 8GB
V-Moda Vibes, Bose IE Triports, Bose OE Triports, Sennheiser HD212 Pro, Logitech Freepulse, Ultimate Ears Metro.Fi 170, Triple.Fi 10, Audio Technica M50, AKG K81 DJ, Monster Turbines, Grado SR60i, NuForce UF30, Beyer DT770

Topic: Awesome little speaker

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.