Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: FAKE Monster Beats Studio HD: Here is how to tell a real from a fake

Closed Thread Thread Tools Topic Search
Old 05-21-2011, 05:31 PM

Freshman Lounger

Dr Dre Studios real/fake?

Hey everyone, i found these dr dre studios. pretty cheap. but unsure if they're real or fake. so, what do you guys think? - thanks

cheapbeatsstudioheadphones.c o m/Cheap-4-Monster-Beats-By-Dr-Dre-studio-Headphones-High-Performance-Professional-black.html

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 05-31-2011, 01:40 PM

Freshman Lounger

yes i have the same problem recently!!!!I hate them!!they are liar!!!why they can survive!!they should be banned!!!They should not be allowed to stay here!!!! I spent almost the same amount to buy this stuff and they sold me a fake headphone!!So unethical!!!Now I just hope i can claim it back!!
Old 06-08-2011, 05:00 PM

Freshman Lounger

Cool

can anyone help me by identifying is uspopheadphones is a legit site? the price seems almost too good to be true but still want to know...
Old 07-14-2011, 12:35 PM

Freshman Lounger

do yourself a favor and just don't by any Beats model. they are overpriced and over marketed at best. you can get better headphones for half the price. visit a couple audiophile forums and talk with people who know audio.

visit head-fi or audioholics online
Old 09-30-2011, 03:52 AM

Freshman Lounger

Real or Fake?

With respect, nobody here has actually pointed out that if you can't tell the difference, then so what?

Are you guys buying a product or an image?

Real or fake? Lets think about this for a second - the only way to differentiate these at the moment is from the packaging - so surely the important questions are :-

Is the manufacture of the product the same?

Have they been assembled with the same components or at the same factory even?

I don't care if dr dre has received his commission or not. I want to know if these half original priced headphones are worth the money and if they are expected to last.

Can you do a sound test comparison and perhaps show us the actual headphones? Also if you contact Monster to verify that the second pair are not official we can have a true understanding of whether the manufacture process is the same, to make the investment worth it.

Of course if you buy an unofficial product you will have no come-back after 28 days in the event of a fault. Though I have a cheap crappy set of steepletone headphones which have been battered about and still work after 7 years, so I would expect these to last the same.

So are they worth it?
Old 10-08-2011, 02:45 PM

Freshman Lounger

Here's a link to an update on how much better the counterfeiters have gotten:

bestheadphonesguide.c o m/2011/10/how-to-tell-the-difference-between-fake-counterfeit-and-real-dr-dre-beats-studio-headphones/

It's getting harder and harder to tell from the outside, but there are some notable differences inside.
Old 10-24-2011, 10:24 PM

Freshman Lounger

Hi everyone--I own a real mcoy and a fake---the funny thing is the fake also sound fantastik but the mid range is higher and not as masked as the real ones--I guess they don't use the oversized bass that the original dr dre does
Old 11-01-2011, 08:52 AM

Freshman Lounger

i was recently in china with my school where i bought two pairs of beats i knew that were obviously fake, i compared them with my friends real beats he had purchased for the full price in the UK and i have to agree they were almost identical only I paid 200 yuan each (20 roughly) and he paid 250. The sound is almost identical and i would recomend you to buy them if ever in the silk market of beijing.
Old 11-05-2011, 03:48 AM

iPod, therefore I am

If you want these headphones, just buy them from a brick-and-mortar or reputable dealer. The fakes of both the Studio and Tour models are all over Ebay and Craigslist. These things get faked so much that it really isn't safe to buy them from any other place than a retail store. If you want the real thing, pay the extra $50 or whatever it is, just for the peace of mind of having the real deal and the quality behind the true product. If you can drop $350 CDN on headphones, drop the whole $350 and get the real thing. End of story.

MacBook Air 13.3" (Mid 2011) 1.7Ghz/4GB/128GB SSD, 6G 16GB iPod Nano, 32GB 3G+Wifi iPad 2, 32GB iPhone 4.
Old 11-17-2011, 04:22 AM

Freshman Lounger

Monster Beats,Monster Beats Headphone,Beats By Dre Monster Outlet Sale Online!
do you reckon this website plus the "beats" it's selling are legit or fake?? i'm thinking fake due to the actual web address plus some of the prices too....
lemme know
Old 11-22-2011, 04:34 PM

Freshman Lounger

I bought a pair of beats studios in may for my son. I ordered them straight from China. today I found out my son dropped them and seem broke and the mute button is gone. I called Monster customer service. They first wanted receipt. I said ok and informed them they came from China. BIG RED flag i guess. I thought i did all the checks according to everyones post on fakes vs. authentics. Monster customer service said first off if you dont buy from authorized dealer, and you order them online, they would be shipped from Las Vegas. Nowhere else. so I guess i bought fake beats and im not happy with my self. what headphones you guys recommend that are the best out there?
Old 02-26-2012, 03:50 PM

Freshman Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by joinbrands View Post
good and honest
www joinbrands com
That's not a very independent response - a vendor recommending themselves?
Old 03-06-2012, 03:08 PM

Freshman Lounger

Has noone else noticed in the quick start guide right pic it says MOSTER not Monster. Look for spelling mistakes, most obvious sign of a fake.
Btw I am after some purple studio Justbeats, I don't care if it's spelt wrong or Dre's face is dark or any of that if the sound is decent, and they look official. If the price difference is noticably different then yeah i'd rather hunt down some fakes as I too don't really care if Dre or Bieber gets a cut,

If anyone can recommend a site where you can pick them up cheap please let me know.
Thanks x

Oh also,

.beatsbydre(dotcom)/verify/verifyserial.aspx]Beats Serial Number Validation
I'm a new member so it wont let me post a link- ###. :/
Here is the site you can serial check, I checked my Solos here and they were official, but now i've sold so I can get the beautiful purple Justbeats <3 ^_^
Old 03-07-2012, 08:41 AM

Freshman Lounger

Beats,

Okay i've been googling but now sure, bieber studio just beats are an official release right? I don't know if they are just cheaply manufactured like the superman beats that Dre made for Bieber. Can someone let me know as theres tonnes of images of em about and they are availible to buy but on beatsbydre and other official sites theres no mention of them. :/
Old 03-14-2012, 07:59 AM

Freshman Lounger

From the post above I see that the fake one has no serial number, but like we all know its not that hard to put serial number to make it look more original.
The question is, what if I unintentionally bought the fake 1 (with fake serial number of course) and register it on monsterbeat website? will monsterbeat replies me and say that the serial number doesnt exists?
Actually I asked this to monsterbeat but I havent got the reply after more than 1 month.

Topic: FAKE Monster Beats Studio HD: Here is how to tell a real from a fake

Closed Thread Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.