iPhone ONLY car audio.

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

jackdaniel181

Guys,

I am currently doing a custom dash, and dont want a head unit - I am going to use my iPhone only - not to har, as there is an RCA and power cable easily available, and I could make one myself if I have to.

I understand I will have to use bluetooth only for the phone function while its plugged in - not a problem for me.

Has anyone done this before?

Thanks

Jack

lepht

i've wanted to do something like this too. from what i've read, you may want a pre-amp and then an amp though you can probably test out the sound with an amp before getting a pre-amp to see how it sounds.

the main problem that i've noticed is volume control. there are 2 ways to do the install. you can use a basic charger and headphone jack output which would let you use the iphone volume control. If you install with dock connector charging/audio out, your iphone will not be able to adjust volume. you will need to get an inline volume adjuster or have the pre-amp installed in your dash. shouldn't be a problem since you will have a gaping hole where your headunit was, unless you want a super clean iphone install=p

there is a lot of useful info on mp3car.com

goodluck!

partyd

Website
www.partydown.com
We install a system for a customer, 3 amplifier no radio, he want only iphone and his portable xm radio

we use this cable to charge the iphone and to get audio
ipod cable

we connect the rca cables to this preamp and it work great there is a little switch on the preamp to switch audio source

preamp