BMW iPod interface question

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

B. Diddy

Hi, newbie here. I have a 2008 BMW 535i and an 80GB iPod Classic, and I've noticed an odd thing that happens with my factory-installed iPod interface. I've asked this question on one of the big BMW forums, with no good answer; any thoughts or solutions would be appreciated:

When I rip CDs with iTunes, there are times when I like to edit the track, album, or artist fields. When I subsequently play an edited album in my car, it initially displays the entire album track list correctly; however, if I shut the car off, then start it again later, the iPod interface only displays the single track that was playing last (rather than the whole album), and it's listed as a Playlist instead of an Album. The tracks will still progress correctly to the next one on the album; I just can't see the whole album list, which is annoying if I want to jump ahead a few tracks.

If I play an album that I haven't edited, then this problem doesn't occur. I'm not fiddling with any other parts of the file tag, only the text. This problem used to occur with almost every album (regardless of whether it was edited) until I got my iDrive software updated about a year ago; now, it only occurs with the edited albums.

Any ideas?

partyd

Website
www.partydown.com
There is a single line format that the I-DRIVE is looking for and not finding on the album section
you have to check on all the information that can be edit on i-tunes, line by line
there is something that makes the difference and makes the bmw radio that it is not part of the album

i seen this happen with the Mercedes kit and changing the album and artist to capital letter fix the problem don't ask me why i don't know

also try any older ipod i seen some other post about many factory ipod interface having problems with the new itunes version

good luck , if you find the problem let us know