Ipod Touch 3rd Gen in car?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Radar03

Has anyone installed the Ipod Touch 3rd Gen in a car? also if so does it charge?

I have a honda 2003 accord and was thinking of installing my new ipod touch in the car and there are solutions for the 2nd gen so I am not sure if they will work! (new IPOD user)

Thanks

Rich

partyd

Website
www.partydown.com
Yes there are new kits that will charge all new ipods 3rgen
this kits will have 12 volt out and also 5 volts in the same cable so any ipod can be used
also full control from honda radio, if your radio is XM ready it will display text
usa spec and dice electronics work great,

Honda ipod interface

BitAmite73

Banned
Ipod Touch 3rd Gen in car

Cool.

My original plan was just to build a mount for my touch and control it from there.
Do you know where I can pick up an aux input cable?

lepht

whatever you do, DO NOT GET A FACTORY HONDA IPOD INTERFACE!

I had a 2003 accord and I got a cable that plugs into the auxillary input in the back of the factory (non-navigation/XM) headunit. It worked great though I am not sure if that same wire would work with the new touches. I think I got it from soundgate. here is a link

soundgate

I currently have an 07 civic and when i heard honda had a factory ipod integration kit, i got all excited and got it. it is probably one of THE worst designed products i've ever had. not sure if it was limitations from hardware or just plain old bad software, but it was not easy to use. i think honda has since discontinued this add-on

partyd

Website
www.partydown.com
Yes there is a big difference the DICE ELECTRONICS and USA SPEC will give you a lot of options and more text and will charge all ipods firewire and usb 5 volts

the factory Honda interface, don't support any of the new ipods