Ipod w/ cassette adapter issue - iLounge Forums
Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Ipod w/ cassette adapter issue

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 09-30-2009, 10:14 AM

Freshman Lounger

Ipod w/ cassette adapter issue

I use a new Phillips cassette adapter for my ipod, and lately it has been giving me problems. The regular inside car speakers work fine regardless, but I have two 10's in the trunk, and half the time they won't work. I know it's an issue with the cassette adapter/ipod because I can turn on the radio or play a CD and they work fine.

I'm not sure if it's the actual Cassette Adapter.. because I had a different one for 3 years until it broke and I had to replace it, but never had any problems before. This Phillips one is a month old. Or could it possibly be something with iTunes? I hadn't used iTunes before, but noticed this problem after I started using it a couple weeks ago.

Thanks.
Old 09-30-2009, 10:24 AM

Veteran Lounger

Not all cassette adapters are created equal. Unfortunately, you have to find a cassette adapter that your car deck plays nicely with. It's not an iPod or iTunes issue - all your music is 2 channel stereo being fed to the cassette adapter, and it's not even the cassette adapter itself or your car stereo being bad, there's just quirks in the way they interact.

For example, when my original and trusty cassette adapter broke some years back, I replaced it with the $30 iPod specific Belkin model, didn't work worth a dang. Returned it. Dug up an old Sony cassette adapter in a closet from a Discman, also didn't work. Bought a super cheap $10 generic cassette adapter from Wal-Mart, it's worked perfectly for more than three years now.
Old 09-30-2009, 10:31 AM

Freshman Lounger

i see.. funny you mention that, the one i had that worked for 3 years was a generic walmart one... hah!
Old 10-14-2009, 08:19 PM

BitAmite73
Banned

Ipod w/ cassette adapter issue

Ive had my ipod adapter for my car for a while..I have the one that connects to the factory headunit...everytime I connect my ipod to it it plays just fine, but when I unplug it it gets stuck on the screen with the checkmark saying that it is ok to disconnect so I have to restart my ipod...it really isnt that big of a deal, but it is really annoying...any ideas as to what i could do?? I guess ill have to make time to put that new headunit in soon...

Topic: Ipod w/ cassette adapter issue

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.