I can only play podcasts as a playlist - iTunes 9 has messed this up? - iLounge Forums
Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: I can only play podcasts as a playlist - iTunes 9 has messed this up?

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 09-21-2009, 08:12 AM

Freshman Lounger

I can only play podcasts as a playlist - iTunes 9 has messed this up?

This is a bit of a weird one, would appreciate any advice.

I have about a 3 year old ipod mini which works fine. I like to listen to podcasts in my car on the way to work.

i have a nice new Alpine car stereo (i am in the UK) with iPod control built into it. One of the peculiarities is that it doesn't seem able to select podcasts. You can select song, albulm or play list. After some thinking I put my podcasts into a playlist and then it worked fine.

Just downloaded iTunes 9 and found that for some bizarre reason if you put podcasts into a playlist, they do not transfer onto the playlist on the ipod.

So the podcasts are on the ipod, but the playlist isn't. I even tried adding one song to the playlist with the podcasts, this allowed me to transfer the playlist to the ipod but when you play it, it only has the song in it not the playlists.

So anyone got a great idea how to get around this???

I am going to get a new iPod touch for christmas, which requires itunes 9 to use it. I have no idea if that will work properly with my car stereo or not. I had intended to keep my old mini as a car ipod.....

Andy Watkins

Topic: I can only play podcasts as a playlist - iTunes 9 has messed this up?

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.