Best FM solution for iPhone 3Gs - iLounge Forums
Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Best FM solution for iPhone 3Gs

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 09-15-2009, 03:19 PM

Freshman Lounger

Thumbs up Best FM solution for iPhone 3Gs

I would like to share my experience with others that are in my situation:

I have a 2005 Volvo XC90 V8 that doesn't have iPod or iPhone connectivity of any kind (I was shocked too). Removing the factory radio would be a hassle ($$$) since it's integrated into everything the car has (rear parking sensors, etc..). I have no other choice but to go with a FM transmitter. I searched high and low, tried several products like the Go Groove FM Car Mount and Belkin's FM transmitter, and I've finally found the best car solution for the iPhone 3Gs.

1) Satechi Bluetooth Hands-free Car Stereo Fm Transmitter for iPhone 3Gs & 3G and Bluetooth Stereo A2DP supported Devices:

Bluetooth means no line-out wire from your iPhone or connector of any kind. You just enable Bluetooth on your iPhone plug in Satechi's device into your car's 12Volt plug, set your FM station (88.1 for me) and you have iPod music and voice calls going through your car stereo. The sound quality is the best I've heard from any FM transmitter, no static or any interference of any kind. I took a trip from New York to North Carolina and never had static or interference on channel 88.1. The unit also has a USB power outlet so you can power your iPhone, a major plus.

2) Satechi SCR-31 Car Holder & Mount for iPhone 3G & 3Gs on Windshield and Dashboard

This mount is perfect for the iPhone 3Gs. I have mine mounted on the windshield. I highly recommend this mount for any user that has the Navigon Mobile Navigator app (or any GPS app). This coupled with the Bluetooth receiver is a winner combo!!!

I'm not a Satechi salesman, I'm just a user that happened to stumble upon these guys and discovered their wonderful products.
Old 09-24-2009, 08:46 PM

Freshman Lounger

It's a bit pricey at $69.99 + $19.99 for the holder (On Amazon), but for you, it's probably worth the convenience of not having to buy another FM for a while
Old 09-25-2009, 01:15 PM

Freshman Lounger

Does the mount big enough for me to use with my case? It's a basic inCase Slider.
Old 10-02-2009, 11:25 AM

Freshman Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by levich34 View Post
Does the mount big enough for me to use with my case? It's a basic inCase Slider.
Unfortunately you can't have a case on your iPhone with this mount. I even tried Invisible Shield (back protector) and it was to tight for the mount. Yes, you have to take your case off for this mount but I personally use a Case-Mate iPhone 3G / 3GS Barely There Case that's very easy to get on and off.

I like this mount for it's minimal/sleek profile.
Old 10-02-2009, 11:34 AM

Freshman Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan2008 View Post
It's a bit pricey at $69.99 + $19.99 for the holder (On Amazon), but for you, it's probably worth the convenience of not having to buy another FM for a while

LOL... Yeah this will be my last purchase for a FM transmitter, it works great.

Topic: Best FM solution for iPhone 3Gs

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.