Bluetooth Head Unit - iLounge Forums
Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Bluetooth Head Unit

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 09-12-2009, 01:12 AM

Senior Lounger

Bluetooth Head Unit

OK... so I just bought a 3G touch and think the ideal auto head unit would connect to the touch via it's bluetooth connectivity. Does such a unit exist? Is it able to control the touch (playlist, artists, genre, etc.)? Would it also work with a bluetooth phone? I have a bluetooth phone and a garmin GPS that is bluetooth capable and it runs my phone beautifully... surely there is something similar available in an installed auto head unit... no?
Old 09-15-2009, 10:11 PM

Reclined Lounger

There are a couple headunits that allow you to receive calls and play music over the headunit via bluetooth, but I've never seen one that let you control the menus remotely like that. I think the most advanced they get are simple forward and back controls.

I've had three in the past, but only the first two had built in bluetooth, both were from Sony's MEX-BT line. They get a bad rep when it comes to car audio but they were suprisingly solid decks. Pioneer has a couple with built in bt as well.

Itunes Profile: 86742 Songs --- 291 Days --- 3898 Artists --- 7297 Albums
Old 09-16-2009, 11:37 AM

Pro Lounger

alpine pioneer and kenwood are some of the best head unit, you will get full controls of the phone section but not the music part
you can puch the audio from your device to the radio, but the controls are done from the device
this units also have ipod interface or cables that will plug into the docking connector of your device ,
this way you have full controls from the head unit
Old 09-17-2009, 03:28 PM

Junior Lounger

If you can afford to spend a little more, JVC has a nice unit with a 7" screen. I have the model KW-NX7000 in my '08 F150 and among its capabilities are DVD, Navigation (Navteq maps), of course AM/FM, Satellite Radio, Bluetooth, Back-up Camera, Rear Seat Screens etc.

I currently have my 30 GB iPod sitting in the glove box and connected by USB (control via head unit), a 16 GB SD card sits in the head unit behind the screen and I stream my iPhone 3GS 32 GB to the head unit via Bluetooth. So I essentially have 78 GB of storage space for music, videos, podcasts and movies. And theoretically, I can expand this to 224 GB by buying a 32 GB SD card and 160 GB iPod Classic. Try that with Ford Sync!

Topic: Bluetooth Head Unit

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.