Bose In-Ear Headphones.

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

music320

I currently use an iPod Photo 40GB with Bose In-Ear Headphones.

I am having problems with the Bose headphone wire becoming Short/Broken at the end point to where the 3.5mm jack is. I believe this is due to the jack being at an right angle.

I was wondering if i could use the Belkin 3G iPod Shuffle Adapter since it has an 180degree jack and then connect my Bose to it, am not to fussed about the volume control working.

Or any other solutions from the wire becoming Short/Broken

Thanks

Hyper-X

Program Manager
Personally I'd simply recommend replacing them. Bose makes some really nice gear for the home but their headphone/earphone product line has a lot to be desired. Shop around, I'm sure you'll find a very good replacement for the same if not a little less money than what you invested with the Bose units.

Podgeek66

Agreed,
I had some bose earphones and faced the same problem, it is a shame that bose has a weak point on that.

Mochan

As long as your adapter's plug terminates in a 3.5mm female then you can use that with the Bose headset, no problems.

Personally I'd simply recommend replacing them. Bose makes some really nice gear for the home but their headphone/earphone product line has a lot to be desired. Shop around, I'm sure you'll find a very good replacement for the same if not a little less money than what you invested with the Bose units.
Not sure if he needs to replace his headset, he wasn't asking to replace them, he was asking for solutions on how to resolve his current problem. The hatred for Bose is pretty appalling at times, when people just recommend to ditch them like they were going out of fashion out of the blue.

Off the record I can't think of too many headsets that are in the Bose IE's price range that have L-shaped plugs.

Hyper-X

Program Manager
Replacement is a viable solution and I read no remark stating replacement wasn't an option therefore I offered that simple solution. I was aiming for an option that wouldn't require rigging a repair/fix to his current earphones that may fail afterwards. I'm uncertain where you get this idea of Bose hatred, there are many other manufacturers that simply make better products and a lot of companies are unknown to the general public due to lack of advertising.

Nobody unless they have deep pockets would ditch a good set of headsets due to a fashion related reason, that's just silly. We replace them based on wear and tear, time/cost investment that might be involved in repairing the current (old) unit versus using that money and spending it on a new set possibly a different brand/model that would suit your needs better.

Podgeek66

That's the market, if competence makes better ones...you'll simply get one of those.

Downing

The in-ear headset is still under warranty if it's less than a year old, which would make replacement the mother of all solutions.

I had the same thing happen to mine last spring, so I dropped by my local Bose store to buy another pair. I couldn't remember when I had bought them, so they checked on the computer and it turned out that it had been less than a year by about two weeks. So I walked out with a brand new pair--and with a brand new warranty--without spending a dime.

133mhzipod

Replacing them is the best option you have here.... BOSE is good but still needs to improve on headphones