Iphone & Garmin PLEASE READ - iLounge Forums
Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Iphone & Garmin PLEASE READ

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 08-19-2009, 11:06 PM

Freshman Lounger

Iphone & Garmin PLEASE READ

Is there an IPhone cradle that has a Garmin ball mount input(female side)???

This would seem like a no-brainer to me. So many people already have Garmin mounts in their cars. Why wouldn't someone make a cradle mount like that?

Who wants to have two different mounts on their dashboards? It would be great to be able to use one mount for both a Garmin and an Iphone.

Any reason why this hasn't been done? If it has, can someone point me in that direction???

Thanks!
Old 08-28-2009, 10:16 AM

Junior Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolmoecraig View Post
Any reason why this hasn't been done?
Probably the same reason every other person's "no brainer" hasn't been done yet...
Old 01-18-2010, 07:25 PM

Freshman Lounger

I've been searching for the same thing. I'll let you know if I find something, please do the same.
Old 01-27-2011, 08:22 PM

Freshman Lounger

Wow, it's been awhile I had forgotten about this post, thanks for the reply (and email monitoring option on thread). I'm still very interested in this, I placed my order. I have been using a decent alternative, but it's not been as good as my Garmin Mount with Garmin was so hopefully this will be even better.
Old 01-27-2011, 08:26 PM

Freshman Lounger

Woah weird.. I just saw the date on jlocante's post it says it was January 2010 but today i got an email saying there was a reply.. Man how I would've been thrilled to have gotten that reply a year earlier dunno how I got it today unless date of jlocante's post is off? I'm happy whatever caused me to get reply to post email came through late is better than never hehe and they call postal mail snail mail.
Old 02-02-2011, 07:37 PM

Freshman Lounger

Got my order in. I ordered from Semsons on Thursday and got my order today (Wednesday), that was with the cheapest shipping $5 (and this midwest blizzard). It works Great! I'm thrilled.
Here's the 2 items together:

Here's what you get with the Ram Mount (RPH):
Here's what you get with the Ram to Garmin (AP6U):
Here's the RamMount with the Garmin Adapter attached:
Here it's attached vertically (fyi I have an Incipio case, really thin case on my iPhone and it fits but it's cramped, probably best to assume you can't use with iPhone in a case):
Lastly here's it Sideways - works great (haven't road tested yet though) seems as versatile as the Garmin itself was:
Thank you so much jlocante for the info, I've been waiting a year for this setup and I'm psyched to test it out on the road, just waiting till the plows get more of this blizzard cleaned up.
Sheez it won't let me post the image links, can someone up my privilege so people can see how this looks/works. I know I wanted more info myself as I wasn't certain it was what I needed, and these photos would have made more confident.
Old 03-28-2011, 03:17 PM

Freshman Lounger

A company called iQ Smart Solutions makes exactly what the original post was talking about: One universal vehicle mount with adapters for most popular mobile devices (GPS, MP3, cellular, satellite radio, etc.)

I know it's sold in best buy, but I've also seen it on Amazon and all over eBay.

Topic: Iphone & Garmin PLEASE READ

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.