only 1 channel with aux?! terrible quality?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Halo_Donut

hi,

so im trying to use a griffin stereo auxillary plug to listen to either my iphone2g or ipod nano 3g while driving, but it seems im either missing bass, only 1 channel, only the front, idk somethings off. but when i listen to the normal radio, everything is perfect. what could possibly be the problem??
thanks

lepht

we may need more info on the griffin product to help you out. is the auxiliary wire plugging into the headphone jack in the iphone/nano or is plugging into a charger?

not sure about the nano, but the iphone headphone jack is notorious for being too far set into the phone preventing many normal plugs to work. you may need an attachment to the AV wire you are using to plug. you can go to radio shack and probably get one for about $2. quick search ended up with this -
http://www.newertech.com/products/iph12.php

my only other suggestion is to make sure all the plugs are in securely. ever have headphones on that were not fully plugged into the headphone jack? what is the aux wire connecting to? an aftermarket stereo with a/v jacks in the front?

kornchild2002

Also check your stereo's setting and make sure that the Griffin adapter doesn't have a volume adjustment. Your stereo might need to have to increase its bass level. Also make sure that you don't have an EQ running on your iPod. As for only using one side of your car's system; make sue that the 3.5mm cable is securely plugged into the Griffin adapter and your car's auxiliary input.