Busted headphone jack 5th Gen iPod - iLounge Forums
Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Busted headphone jack 5th Gen iPod

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 08-10-2009, 04:09 PM

Freshman Lounger

Busted headphone jack 5th Gen iPod

I'm contemplating replacing the headphone jack on my 5th gen iPod since it recently broke. My iPod is only used in my truck, and I've always Aux cabled to my Aux In on my pretty basic Kenwood In-Dash Stereo. Never been fancy, but it was cheap and very effective, and quality was great compared to FM transmitters.

If I can't fix my headphone jack, what's the best alternative, I've seen a lot of transmitters plug into the bottom (dock/power) part of iPod's and transmit, but I'm guessing those are only for FM transmitting.. are there any possibilities of a Aux jack being adapted to the dock I can run to my stereo's Aux In?
Old 08-10-2009, 04:20 PM

Freshman Lounger

Apologies for post, looks like I found something cheap that'll work. A lot of the links are outdated and dead here I did search prior to posting... thing I want is a dock to 3.5mm Aux which should work fine for me hopefully. If I wanted more, like a similar product that worked through my In-Dash Stereo (displaying names, titles, etc) I'd expect it to be more expensive but would be very convenient, any suggestions? Are there any that can charge and output to aux from the dock at the sametime?
Old 08-19-2009, 08:32 PM

Pro Lounger

will this work ? do you have a usb plug in the back side

http://www.oemautosound.com/pc-462-2...receivers.aspx

this is the headphone part for your ipod

http://cgi.ebay.com/IPOD-VIDEO-30GB-...d=p3286.c0.m14

Topic: Busted headphone jack 5th Gen iPod

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.