Touch car mount - iLounge Forums
Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Touch car mount

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 07-30-2009, 01:31 PM

Freshman Lounger

Touch car mount

Simple question: Need a car mount (preferably to window or dash) for my 2nd gen Touch. Needs to be able to hold the power cable/connector.
Any suggestions?
thanks
Old 09-17-2009, 04:34 PM

Junior Lounger

You don't say where you are located but my solution is very cheap and portable. I use an S-Type mount available from Canadian Tire for $10. It consists of a small, square base about 2" long x .75" wide and fixes to your dash with double-sided tape (provided). The other piece which actually holds the phone/iPod/PDA/mp3 player etc., has a back piece (device leans against) that looks like the number '8' with two little rubber "feet" on the bottom that stick out about 1" from the back. It also has two "arms" that are rubber-covered metal and can be bent at any angle. Then, on the back, there us a little "arm" that fits into the base on the dash.

The arms bend to fit for any device and when you have a charger plugged in, it raises the height of the device about a 1/2" but still holds it securely. And the nice part is, when you are not using your device, just pop the holder out of the base and stick it in the glove box out of the way. The only thing left is the small base.

Topic: Touch car mount

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.