Aftermarket headunit full 3gs compatibility, under $200?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

nemix

Greetings all. I just got an Iphone 3gs, and love it. I commute in a little KIA rio 5, almost 3 hours a day round trip and I'm looking for a head unit to buy that will charge my iphone 3gs, and allow me full control of the iphone from the headunit while charging to listen to music, podcasts, and audio books i have on my phone to pass the commute time.

This little car is bare bones, nothing to look at, manual everything, baseline speakers i'm not going to replace. I bought it when I was in a financial pinch and gas was 3.25 a gallon. So needless to say I'm not looking for anything flashy or top notch audio as I'm not going to invest any money in speakers or anything else in the car. Just looking to charge my phone since I use it allot and pass time on the commute.

Does anyone have a personal recommendation of a simple head unit that they personally know charges and controls the iphone 3gs without issue? Not looking to spend over $200, the lower the price the better.

I was about to buy the JVC KD-HDR50, that has built in HD as a bonus (but not a requirement) till i ran into people stating it works perfect for the 3g, but only charges the 3gs and shows no music on the iphone even when its loaded.

thanks in advance.

partyd

Website
www.partydown.com
There is no radio that will charge or fully control the 3 gen iphone some radios control part of the iphone but not all functions

you can use this ipod interface I-FM-RDS

Will charge the ipohne and the sound is clear no controls from the radio, it will also display the name of the song and artis on the radio screen