need rec. for blue tooth headphones for jogging, workouts ect.(iphone 3g) - iLounge Forums
Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: need rec. for blue tooth headphones for jogging, workouts ect.(iphone 3g)

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 07-21-2009, 05:55 PM

Junior Lounger

need rec. for blue tooth headphones for jogging, workouts ect.(iphone 3g)

thanks. guys
Old 07-22-2009, 11:32 AM

Junior Lounger

Give Sony DR-BT160AS a look.

Some people love the Motorola S9's though I had two pairs die on me after only 2 months use.
Old 07-22-2009, 11:05 PM

Freshman Lounger

I just ordered a pair of the S9s from Newegg.com for $40. Once I get them, I'll have to give you a quick review.

From what I read they're pretty good but if you tend to sweat too much, they can short out. I figure for only $40 it's not breaking the bank.
Old 07-26-2009, 10:56 AM

Junior Lounger

i got a pair of s9's. they are ok, but they cut out when i turn my head to the left or right when wearing an arm band......
Old 08-09-2009, 11:20 PM

Reclined Lounger

I just bought the Jaybird Freedoms and took them on their first run today. I really liked them. I did notice the sound cutting out some when I was running in heavier traffic, but didn't notice it on the way in. (Morning run to coffee/breakfast. Ran home and there was more traffic.) However, I had them in my pocket, which was further away from the headphones than they would be in my waist pack or on my arm band.

Sound was good, nice and loud but not too loud. I was listening to a podcast with spoken word and music and both sounded good. Pairing was easy. I'm VERY particular about how headphones/buds feel as I run and these didn't bother me at all. I had been running with earbuds on a bluetooth on a lanyard (Sony) but I think I shorted them out with sweat. (Lovely vision, I know.)

I find the buttons kind of hard to press, but I'm getting used to it. They also don't seem to advance the tracks (or previous track) as advertised, though.

Overall, I'm happy with them thus far. Fit and sound are the most important things, and I was happy with those. (BTW, I took the phone out of the pocket, it was a deep pocket down on my thigh, and no cutting out at all when I held it in my hand at waist height.)

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 08-19-2009, 01:28 PM

Freshman Lounger

How are those Jaybirds with calls.

These S9 (non HD) suck. I went for a bike ride yesterday and had my phone in my back back, and it completely cutout. Garbage. They work fine indoors, but once you get outside...forget about it.

Topic: need rec. for blue tooth headphones for jogging, workouts ect.(iphone 3g)

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.