2004 Honda Accord Iphone 3G dock install - iLounge Forums
Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: 2004 Honda Accord Iphone 3G dock install

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 07-13-2009, 11:55 PM

Freshman Lounger

2004 Honda Accord Iphone 3G dock install

This is my second attempt at integrating an ipod solution into my accord. Here are the pros/cons of my new setup.

Pros:
Good sound through direct dock to stereo input
Remote Control
Factory look
Charges Iphone 3g
Iphone easily docked/undocked
Slacker Radio in my car!

Cons:
Apple universal dock introduces minimal interference
Cost is higher than other options
Some work involved

The basic idea is that i use a blitzsafe HON / M-LINK1 V.2X to connect an Apple Universal dock, where i dock my iphone.

Here are the supplies. Basic instructions below photos of results.

1. Blitzsafe HON / M-LINK $120
2. Apple Universal Dock $50
3. Scoshe HA1573b $30
4. Some wood, glue, plaster, sandpaper, and pleather $40

Now for some pictures:

Click the image to open in full size.

Basically, I just filled in the two holes in the scosche dash kit with wood, plastered the cracks, cut a hole for the dock, used spray adhesive to add the pleather. The dock is angled using a small piece of wood covered with the pleather. The pleather i found is an extremely good match for the dash. In the photos, it doesnt look nearly as close of a match as it does in person. I will lookup the manufacturer and post it here soon along with photos of the whole process. Hope this helps/inspires some people.
Old 07-20-2009, 12:45 PM

Freshman Lounger

Okay - here was the basic process for replacing the console "bin" so that the docked iphone has something to sit against properly.

Step one - cut holes in dash kit (and cut out rectangle for dock - not shown).

Step two - fill in din and shelve cutouts with wood, plaster cracks, and sand down. This is about halfway through - i ended up using a hard plaster rather than the wood fill seen here.

Step three - use spray adhesive to attach pleather. I set the front first, then cut out strait sections on the rear so i could wrap it all around the back (about 1/4 inch).

Step four - just remove bin, install blitzsafe, put cable through dash kit cutout, install dash kit, plug in dock.

I need to adjust the piece of wood that i superglued to the dock as the angle is not steep enough. Other than that this is working out fantastically. Its great to be able to just pop the phone in and out of the dock.

Topic: 2004 Honda Accord Iphone 3G dock install

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.