Looking for iPod/Touch/Nano/Phone charger with line-level out - iLounge Forums
Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Looking for iPod/Touch/Nano/Phone charger with line-level out

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 07-09-2009, 04:22 PM

Junior Lounger

Looking for iPod/Touch/Nano/Phone charger with line-level out

In my car I use an old Griffin cigarette lighter charger for my touch, iPod, Nano etc. It has a "line out" 3.5 jack on the AC end which I use to connect to the RCA inputs for my AUX stereo input. The charger/cord etc has seen better days, not to mention the jack that connects to the iPod had the plastic break off (nephew's fault lol) and it's just the bare metal now. I'd like to replace the whole thing but I always seem to have difficulty in finding one that doesn't have a volume slider/amplifier built INTO the cigarette plug. I want it just to be pass through sound so there's no finding a "good level" for the amplifier.

Now I know I could use a dock and just plug into Line Out but that would mean I'd have 2 cables coming out the 3.5 and the power, and I've got a little holster I set the iPod in...anyone know of any good chargers with an unamplified line-level through?

I want it to be simple like this with the line level like this and no stupid playback buttons built into the unit

Thanks in advance!

__________________________________________________ ____
64GB iPod Touch 4th Gen, 16GB iPod Touch 1st Gen, 80GB 5.5 Gen Video (*Update Stolen in 2009 :L), 40GB Clickwheel 4th Gen (Bad HD), 8GB Nano 2G, 2GB Nano
Combined collection (in iTunes) Pending Update
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 07-09-2009, 04:52 PM

Junior Lounger

This Sik Pimp is actually pretty awesome if only the line-level out wasn't on the dock connector it would be perfect!

__________________________________________________ ____
64GB iPod Touch 4th Gen, 16GB iPod Touch 1st Gen, 80GB 5.5 Gen Video (*Update Stolen in 2009 :L), 40GB Clickwheel 4th Gen (Bad HD), 8GB Nano 2G, 2GB Nano
Combined collection (in iTunes) Pending Update
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 07-10-2009, 01:14 PM

You are going to have a hard time finding a unit with line level output. Most of them either allow the iPod to control the volume (just like Apple's dock, that isn't a true line-out) or have their own volume system. The good news is that using the volume at 100% provides the same output level as a true line-out. Something such as this or this will work.

Stay away from flex based charger+aux units such as this one. All of them rotate rather easily (where it plugs into the 12V/cigarette adapter) when your car is taking a turn. This means that the iPod basically gets thrown from the device.

128GB iPhone 6S Plus (soon) | Apple Watch 2 (not as soon) | AppleTV 2 (2012) | Microsoft Surface 3 128GB | Beats Studio Wireless | V-Moda Crossfade M-100 | UE Megaboom
Old 07-20-2009, 01:34 AM

Pro Lounger

This is the cable you need, 5 volt usb charging and 12 volt line level out with 2 rca jacks
works with i touch iphone
RCA-IPD
Old 07-20-2009, 06:32 PM

Freshman Lounger

That one is still RCA ends, the one I have from soundgate charges and ends in the 3.5 for my aux jack. It even comes with 2 ways to power it, cig lighter plug for the fast easy set up, or a wire harness if I want it cleaner install, I chose the cig lighter for now, hard to find power in my Chevy truck. got my unit from Amazon.com PDCBLPAK.

Topic: Looking for iPod/Touch/Nano/Phone charger with line-level out

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.