Portable Speakers (a little different) - iLounge Forums
Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Portable Speakers (a little different)

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 07-01-2009, 07:19 PM

Freshman Lounger

Portable Speakers (a little different)

Hello All. I was wondering if any of you knew what the "best" portable speaker system for the ipod is. I am either looking for something that is re-chargable or does not run on any batteries and simply uses the ipod battery/no battery at all (sound from headphone jack, no power). It does not have to be SUPER loud, but I would like to be able to hear it from 10ft or so away. I am looking to jam to the ipod on my boat, but would rather not hook anything else up to the battery. Thanks

ps. the cheaper the better.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:56 AM

Freshman Lounger

Doubtless you'll get recommendations for the Pure-Fi Anywhere but there are a number of problems, a couple potentially very serious depending on the kind of music you listen to. I'll post more on this later. After 2+ years of experience with three separate Logitech portable speakers I have now given up on them completely. I experimentally purchased the Altec Lansing Max and it has been a real breakthrough - wonderful sound, orders of magnitude better than the Logitech devices and none of the defects.

Topic: Portable Speakers (a little different)

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.