Best Bluetooth Headsets for iPhone? - iLounge Forums
Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Best Bluetooth Headsets for iPhone?

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search
Old 06-19-2009, 08:37 PM

Best Bluetooth Headsets for iPhone?

iPhone 3.0 now supports wireless stereo bluetooth headphones. I was considering getting the Bluetooth® Motorokr S9-HD Stereo Headset because it has better bass than the previous Bluetooth® Motorokr S9 (red band). Headphones/Headsets don't need to be able to make call from (that would be a bonus though) but must be stereo headsets with good to better audio quality. I've seen the S9-HD's for as low as $69 USD new.

Anyone else offer any good suggestions for bluetooth headphones? Please post your thoughts.

Tom

"iPhone, therefore i am"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
32GB iPhone 4, 16GB 3G iPad2, and more
Fav. Movies: "Alien Autopsy" (with Ant & Dec)
Fav. Songs: "Sweet Harmony" Artist: The Beloved
Old 06-25-2009, 02:07 AM

Anyone have any thoughts?

"iPhone, therefore i am"
Old 06-25-2009, 09:10 PM

Freshman Lounger

I think there aren't any great ones out there yet. Maybe the 3.0 update will generate some better companies to put some out.

I have the Plantronics 590s (no highs), Motorola S9s (ok sound, no bass...horrible battery), Samsung SBH-700s (best sound, still no bass, uncomfortable).

On a bad note with the iPhone, video over bluetooth is way out of sync and unwatchable. They really need to fix it!
Old 06-26-2009, 12:38 PM

Junior Lounger

I'm really curious about this too. I use my iPhone when I'm mowing the yard and I'd love to get rid of those wires. I looked at the S9 which is cheap enough that it might be worth a shot. I listen to podcast so fidelity isn't really important. What I'm hoping as you guys are that now stereo BT is supported it'll kick manufactures into gear and we'll see more choices.
Old 06-26-2009, 09:14 PM

I've googled the MotoRokr S9-HD and found it for $51.99 plus shipping from N1wireless.com

Anyone find any better places or better deals on this?

Tom

"iPhone, therefore i am"
Old 06-26-2009, 10:12 PM

Junior Lounger

That seems like a real decent price for a set of the HD's. I haven't seen it too many places for less than $70. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 06-30-2009, 07:48 PM

Junior Lounger

I hope they have changed the S9's quality wise. I owned two pairs and used them for running and both died on me once they got sweaty. Both pairs last around two months. After the fact I read quite a bit where others were having the same issue...sweat was killing the headset.

I ended up with Sony's BT-22's which have worked flawlessly and sync up great with 3.0. They are a bit older so there may be better out now. I found I really liked how the controls were laid out on the ear piece and they have held up to all kinds of sweat

I would say the sound quality is decent and the range is pretty good (can go up or down floors away from my IPhone with no drops.

Again the sound quality won't knock your socks off but for durability,player control and bluetooth performance they've been great.
Old 06-30-2009, 08:56 PM

Freshman Lounger

We really need some good companies to start making bluetooth headsets. You listening Etymotic, Ultimate Ears, etc???
Old 06-30-2009, 10:17 PM

Freshman Lounger

i was thinking about these:

http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/prod...05?lc=en&cc=us
Old 07-01-2009, 12:05 PM

Junior Lounger

I want to eliminate wires. Not relocate them.
Old 07-01-2009, 01:54 PM

Freshman Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawdad62 View Post
I want to eliminate wires. Not relocate them.
i agree with you. the only reason i am liking the sony ones is because i have read that the moto ones seem to short out from sweat or liquid.
Old 07-01-2009, 02:34 PM

Junior Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen View Post
i agree with you. the only reason i am liking the sony ones is because i have read that the moto ones seem to short out from sweat or liquid.
Well I agree with you

That does seem to be a reoccurring theme with the Moto's. I ended up ordering some S9's (not the HD version) since they're about as cheap as a set of "regular" headphones. I am concerned with the sweating deal. I'm planning on using them when I mow the yard. I would use them for running but Apple deemed it not necessary for my 3G to have Nike+.
Old 07-01-2009, 09:46 PM

Junior Lounger

I truly hope you have better luck than I did with the S9's. While they worked I did enjoy them and was disappointed when both pairs died.
Old 07-01-2009, 10:22 PM

How does the MotoRokr s9-HD's compare in sound to the Sony? I read some reviews where the newer s9-HD's had a great bass sound. Anyone with experience with the s9-HD's.

"iPhone, therefore i am"
Old 07-07-2009, 04:20 PM

Junior Lounger

Just wanted to get back with you all. I received the S9's. Seem pretty decent. Honestly I can't imagine sweating enough to short them out or corrode them. But I haven't had them long enough to know.

I got them from Amazon and they were their "bulk packaged" deal. They came in a plastic bag and were sort of deformed when I first got them out. Seem to be settling in and are more uniform now. They paired with the iPhone without any issues at all. Couldn't have been easier.

My only complaint (and it's probably going to be a deal breaker) is the volume is just too low. Or should I say they're too low for what I'm wanting to use them for. I wanted to use them for mowing the yard. I use a push mower to trim out my yard and I'm usually using my iPhone to listen to podcasts while doing so. But these just aren't loud enough to overcome the noise of the mower. If I listen to music they're barely passable but that only because I know the music and can "fill in" what I'm not truly hearing. But for spoken word they just don't go loud enough. The regular headphones (Apple) are fine. I just wish these would be as loud.

Topic: Best Bluetooth Headsets for iPhone?

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.