SEAT / Volkwagen owners please help

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

calcio1

I've just bought a 2002 SEAT Ibiza (VW Polo). The factory-fitted headunit is a CD player called 'Alana'. It has a button labelled CD Changer for, obviously, controlling a CD changer.

Am I right in thinking I can somehow hook up my pod to where you would normally hook up a CD changer?

How would I go about this?

If not, is there any other way to hook up ipod, without buying a new radio, ice link, itrip etc?

I know nothing about car audio. All advice, or directions to helpful sites, gratefully appreciated

cheers

ipodkev

I've just sold my Leon Cupra into which i had installed my iPod using the Dension ice link.
With you head unit the ice link takes the place of the cd autochanger, and through this you can control the ipod and charge it as well. Your iPod will work just like a standard cd autochanger so when you turn the stereo off your iPod will turn off.
Unfortunately with the Head Unit you have the only two options are an iTrip or the ice link as the HU doesn't have an aux input.

Luckily i removed my ice link from my leon and have it for sale if you're interested.