thought on apple new in-earphone

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

archurban

ipod adviser
Website
web.mac.com
Well, I just bought it yesterday. But sound quality is, which people usually expect, not great. I mean that bass or low range is not deep enough like v-moda or similar price range of headphone. I tried all different eartips. Large one only makes me little satisfied. But it is still not enough bass. But if I turn on EQ (bass booster), sound is terrible. So I just leave it EQ off. However, wearing is comfortable generally. Overall sound quality delivers me more details because I can hear something tiny sound like background music instrument or voices which I couldn't hear with v-moda vibe II. Yeah, you can still hear that with vibe. But sound is kind of buried into other music background. I think that it is not that bad as I thought. But some of you like hiphop or rap or R&B, Blues, this headphone is not for designing that. It has more treble, clear range for mid & high. So I think that electronic, pop, classic, jazz, dance, easy listening, folk would be nice to listen with this headphone.

Physical design is very nice & clean, simple. It is easy to handle. But I don't recommend for everybody. Maybe some of you would like to listen to more details & different sound experience. Then you will like it. Actually, for dual drivers earphone with $79, it is a good deal, way cheaper.

bobb-mini

Insanely Sarcastic
For another usd$60 get the double driver qjays instead. Good bass. Not the signature I personally like but others might.

ahMEmon

I have mixed feelings about mine. While music sounds really crisp and clean, and I am able to hear details I've never noticed before, the sound lacks any kind of warmth, and there is a definate lack of bass especially at low volumes.

archurban

ipod adviser
Website
web.mac.com
that's right. I totally agree. that' why earphone is good for listening to instrument based music like classic, electronic, dance, or vocal leading music. it is superb when you listen to vocal driven jazz. it is almost perfect.

archurban

ipod adviser
Website
web.mac.com
this is really something. I found something that Apple designed ear tips wrong way. I tried other companies' ear tips like shure, iSkin Cerulean X1. suddenly bass is totally improved, reach the same level like v-moda vibe II. the problem is that space between the end of silicon tip and end of metal earphone is too short to produce more air pressure. that's why it can't produce appropriate bass. the hole is actually too small for that. then I tried iSkin celurean X1 medium size. it's totally different. now I really love apple earphone.

mlavrey

Starter
There where to many people talking about these for there to be only 5 posts? But I guess you guys told me what I needed to know...........:)

mlavrey

Starter
bobb-mini said:
That's because u failed to browse the other threads on this forum.
Imagine that, your second post in this thread and still no input on the subject?

Love,
Insanely Sarcastic;)

ahMEmon

bobb-mini said:
That's because u failed to browse the other threads on this forum.
Judging from your post count, I can SEE why you assume that everyone here has enough free time to browse and search EVERY OTHER THREAD in this Forum.

As far as I'm concerned, if the answer to a question hasn't been made a sticky, or isn't one of the more currently active threads, then I or anyone else should FEEL FREE TO ASK!!

Do you regularly hijack threads to add absolutely nothing? The least you could have done is POINT HIM IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION instead of coming off as a cynical smart ###!

archurban

ipod adviser
Website
web.mac.com
To mlavrey
Sorry, but nobody told YOU how to improve bass. Understand? I told you the way you could boost bass or low range sound. You didn't even realize to have a chance for talk. Well, anyway I don't want to argue. I just try to help you. No more. Try Shure form tips. You will be amazed.

mlavrey

Starter
To archurban

:confused: So you help me and tell me that what I am looking at is low grade, then criticize me for continuing my search for something better? Sorry for trying to be more informed before I make a decision?

Last edited:

archurban

ipod adviser
Website
web.mac.com
yeah, I know. most people don't search the answer because they just don't want to do that. it's not lazy but only natural instinct. I understand. next time if some of you will try to post, please, you should to leave a post like something valuable stuff.

R

ReyZero

Just wanted to point that I love techno, trance and that genre, and bass is def' a must for me, no idea what you mean techno is highs

As your point of using another tip brand for the Apple headset due to a gap, sounds like a good design flaw right there

archurban

ipod adviser
Website
web.mac.com
since I have used iSkin Cerulean X1 ear tips, sound quality is just exceeded far more than v-moda vibe II. it seems to improve everyday. but when I change to apple ear tips, overall sound goes down just like most people hear. so I want to make a conclusion. APPLE just designed ear tips wrong way. if they alter them, it will be very nice.