New memeber with Touch 2g 32gb and UE Super Fi 5 EB's

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Defender347

Hello all. I'm new here, I've had a couple Ipods, but I just got the Touch 2g 32gb for Christmas and some Ultimate Ears Super Fi 5 EB's. I wanted to share how amazing they sound and recommend them to anyone in that price range. I paid $139.99 plus about $11 shipping.

I used to use the Bose In Ears with my older 30gb Video Ipod, and I thought they sounded okay, but I was never really thrilled with the sound or the fitment. They were not good for workouts or running, because they tended to loosen and fall out. The sound was better than any of the other earphones I had used before, but I had never really ventured into the audiophile headphone territory before. When I read about people saying they felt like they were hearing the music for the first time again I thought it was exaggerated. It's not.

The difference is night and day. With tracks from the Beastie Boys "Paul's Boutique" album, I heard sounds come alive that I had never noticed before. The bass was enhanced just enough to my tastes, without being boomy or muddied. The highs were clear, but not overbright. On some Blues piano tracks from Johnnie Johnson, the UE's really impressed me. The area where they really shined in comparison to the Bose was in the midrange. They really blew the Bose away. The mids were pronounced, but balanced with the other tone levels. The Bose truly is underpowered and lacking in this area as well as their bass.

I wish I had time to write more about these. They are really an excellent investment for those who really love their music. I would say the balance of bass to midrange and treble is just right for me, as I like a little more bass to my music, but not booming like a ghetto sled. If this sounds like you, then these headphones are an excellent choice. Then again, it's pretty subjective