Audio lead for Ipod

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

iancraig10

Hi,

I currently have a Zip-Lin'Q' lead which is fine when it works. It connects into the bottom of the ipod and the small jack plug at the other end goes into a portable amp.

The problem is the quality of this lead is poor and prone to break because the wire is so thin so ....

Does anyone know of a decent plug to small jack lead that I can buy in the UK? (Other than the Zip-Lin)

Ian

iancraig10

I've answered it myself.

Just in case it's useful to anyone.

Jan Meier sells a cable which is reasonable. Other than that, there aren't many but there are guys around who will make you a premiun lead at a slightly higher cost.

The radio devices that fit on the bottom of the Ipod also work, although they don't give out as much volume as a straight lead connector. This means that something is in the signal path.

Maybe you know of some better cables? Who knows?

Ian

misper666

maplin > music > mp3 personal audio > ipod accessories

theres:

headphone jack to l/r rca* retractable

dock to l/r rca* retractable

dock to stereo 3.5mm jack

* they also sell rca / phono jack adapters

nebula169

I have been looking for dock cables to use in my car without having to plug into the headset jack for audio.

Is there something like the Apple Composite AV Cable without the video cables? RCA or 3.5 stereo isn't that big of a deal, but I would like to have it change while plugged in. The dock to 3.5mm adapter at maplin with a usb adapter would be a better way to look at it, I guess, heh.

Thanks